Do you know that an average person spends a better part of the years in his life sitting than in any other activity they might be engaged in? And Surprisingly enough, the better part of this time is spent in the office? Now you know.
Spending more hours while seated is a precursor for low back pain or, if at all, deteriorates a preexisting condition. To help alleviate this awful experience, acquire the best office chair for lower back pain. Generally, sitting in a fixed pose. Thereby, pressure increases on the upper limbs, back, and legs.
In particular, a lot of pressure is at the lower end of the lumbar region, which contains back muscles and spinal discs. As a remedy, consider getting the best ergonomic office chair that will help eliminate this incidence. A good chair will improve your sitting posture and relieve the strain experienced at the lower back.
What is a Good Chair for Back Pain?
Sitting for an extended period may result in body ache and stiffness. The lower region of the back is the most vulnerable when exposed to these conditions. It may become chronic if not tamed early.
Lower back pains affect overall performance at work, which may translate to losses and termination. It is vital to invest in the best office chair for lower back pain to promote good health and achieve the best results at work. However, to get a good chair for back pain to read below on what to consider.
The best chair for lower back pain is that which offers adjustable lumbar support. Many fixed lower back supports are often high to effectively maintain natural spine curvature.
There are various axes of support adjustments, such as asymmetrical adjustable support, whereby one can adjust height and depth. This system enables diverse support levels of either side of the spine.
Mesh back chairs allow the user to press the shape of the lower back support. By supporting your lower back, you will maintain a good posture while seated.
Adjustable Seat Tilt
It is common for people to lean back on a chair or forward while in working mode. Leaning is not a good practice for good back health, especially on seats that cannot tilt. Some even lean to the extent of perching at the edge of the chair.
Your bodyweight moves to the trajectory of the position you are leaning. The lower back, which forms the essential support when seated, ends up absorbing a lot of pressure whenever you lean. It is, therefore, good to have a seat that can tilt to help spread the pressure evenly on your body in case you lean.
The armrest up or down is essential, especially when you want to move closer to the desk. If you are typing or performing a function that requires more elbow movement, then you will have to adjust the armrest lower. A scenario where the armrest cannot be adjusted causes overstretching, which eventually strains your back.
Adjustable Seat Depth
Due to different individual’s leg height, a too deep or too shallow seat pan affects seating posture. Having a flexible seat pan is essential to create sufficient legroom.
Top 10 Best Office Chair for Lower Back Pain Reviews
Several chair designs are centered around ergonomics. When choosing a chair, it is essential to fit and feel if the posture is right for you. However, below are is a selection of the best office chairs for lower back pain that will give the conformable experience at work.
1. Flash Furniture Swivel Chair with Mid Back Black Mesh
This mid back office chair with wheels is made of a transparent mesh back, and waterfall designed soft leather seat. It is has a design to allow for maximum comfort and maneuverability.
- Wire mesh back allows good air circulation while working
- Waterfall design seat eliminates pressure and allows sufficient blood flow to the legs
- Built-in lumbar support alleviates stress on the lower back and prevents muscle lethargy.
- Padded flip-up arms relieve strain on upper limbs and neck keeping you steady fast while working
- Silver metal base with dual wheel casters gives secure, smooth maneuvers
- Fire retardant foamed seat slows spread of fire during an emergency, therefore, preventing the chair against going up in flames
- Pneumatic height adjustment allows you to raise or lower the sit
- Tilt tension knob regulates force required to recline or rock the sit
- Tilt padlock enables you to secure the seat in position
- Good neck and lumbar support
- Mesh back permits ventilation and relief
- waterfall shaped seat gives good posture for legs
- Nonadjustable armrest
- Lumbar support cannot be attuned
- Not suitable for larger or taller frames
2. Fellowes Professional Series Back Support
Are you busy at the office? Fellowes professional series back support office chair offers comfort and ease such that you don’t need to worry about long sitting hours during a packed day.
Its 2-tiered support follows natural body curvature to give an all-out relaxation on a hectic day at work. It has Microban antimicrobial protection that inhibits the growth of microbes such as mold, bacteria, and mildew.
- Adjustable back support easing lower back pressure
- Limited warranty
- Back support easily attaches to any chair
- Tri- attachment system does not require readjustment
- Microban antimicrobial protection increases longevity by keeping the product cleaner and fresher
- Increases lumbar support relaxation
- Back support can be transferred to another sit
- Antimicrobial protection
- Easy setup procedure
- Supports good posture
- Lacking arms
- Not ideal for tall or big people
3. Lorell High-Back Chair Mesh Black Fabric Seat
If you are looking for a sleek design yet very cozy but fully functional workplace, sit then search no more. Lorell high back mesh black fabric seat is one among the best ergonomic office chair with exceptional efficiency.
It’s high back design supports the back posture of the occupant. It also has asynchronous 3-lever control that enables the rear pivot and the chair tilt independently and lock.
- Limited 5- year warranty
- The multi-function mechanism allows angle adjustment and the lock of the back and the chair independently
- Adjustable arm in both height and width
- Mesh back permits free circulation of air
- High back support good sitting posture
- Independent adjustment of back and seat
- Fully adjustable arms
- Good back support
- Mesh back
- Slight squeaks and creaks
- Ordinary design lacks visual attractiveness
- You can sense unsteadiness of the armrests
- Thin cushion
4. HON ValuTask Low Back Office Chair
HON ValuTask chair trades value for cash and adds appeal to your office space. With its double-layered chair cushions and waterfall design, this seat is ranked high in the charts.
It has a center-tilt control that can be locked. There is also the tension knob that enables the chair rock or reclines back.
- Breathable mesh on the back and seat for excellent comfort
- Pneumatic height adjustment moves the heart up and down
- 360- degrees swivel facilitates movement at any point
- The lightweight frame makes it easy to move around
- Center tilt mechanism rotates the seat
- Smooth-rolling casters
- Adjustable lock and tension allows the seat to rock and tilt
- Armless design
- Easy to assemble
- Breathable mesh on seat and back
- No arms
- Unsuitable for heavily build persons
5. Duramont Ergonomic Adjustable Office Chair
Duramont ergonomic adjustable office chair comes with all things flexible. Its design and features make it ideal for an individual with back problems and those seeking to guard their back against pressure or damage.
You can adjust the tilt tension, armrest height, seat height, backrest tilt. The lumbar support depth and height is also adjustable. It has a breathable mesh the back that allows air to move freely on your back while tasking.
- Maximum comfortability due to several flexible features
- It offers an ideal ergonomic posture due to adjustable lumbar support and the recline function.
- Durable because it contains high-quality materials
- The breathable mesh allows air circulation, therefore, keeping your back cool while on work
- The eight steps illustrated in the manual makes the chair easy to assemble
- Great value for money
- Easy and quick to assemble
- Comfortable thick cushions
- Mesh back facilitates the free flow of air to the body
- Rollerblade wheels make it difficult to move around on carpeted surfaces
6. Alera Elusion Series Mesh High-Back Multifunction Chair
By a perfect combination of ergonomic design and sleek features, this chair portrays the best of both creations. Its back is of mesh material and the seats are contoured cushion with waterfall design, giving a lot of ease while working.
Multi-function mechanism with seat glides enables back angle adjustment correspond to the seat adjustable tilt and forward tilt.
- Adjustable arms both by height and width
- Five-star base with casters for ease of movement
- soft polyurethane pads providing a smooth surface on the arms
- Breathable mesh back that allows circulation cold air to the body
- Waterfall edge design seat to reduce strain on legs
- Contour seat cushion covered by high-quality upholstery making sitting pleasantly
- Breathable back
- Premium cushion upholstery
- Multi-function mechanism that enables back adjustment and tilting of the seat
- Waterfall edge
- Integrated ergonomic design
- Lacks a headrest
- It is more of resembles more of a patio chair
- Slightly heavy
- Not simple to set up
- Back mesh quality is not par excellence
7. BERLMAN Ergonomic High Back with Lumbar Support Chair
Consider choosing BERLMAN Ergonomic High Back when shopping for an office chair that meets style and health. It is designed for mid and lower back support.
Hence it is the right choice for those battling back pain or the ones who want to avoid the experience of lower backaches.
- Tilt lock mechanism with
- Strong and long-lasting frame
- Adjustable armrest
- Good lumbar support
- Breathable mesh back
- Rotating headrest
- PU casters
- High back
- Durable material
- Well balanced features that guarantee relaxation
- Silent, smooth-rolling casters
- Free part or new chair replacement when dealing with quality problems
- Thin padding on the arms
- Slightly heavy
8. Modway Edge Mesh Back and Mesh Seat Office Chair
This vintage design chair with sharp ergonomics is bound to deliver one of the best sitting experience you can ever imagine. It conforms well to an individual natural curvature. It signals new era functionality and ease with a twist of old-time allure.
- Lumbar support
- Waterfall design seat
- Sponge seat with mesh textile
- Synchro-tilt tension control
- Five-star dual-wheel casters
- Mesh back
- Seat height adjustment
- Adjustable flip-up arms
- Mesh back and seat
- Dual wheel casters allow easy maneuver
- Tilts in different positions
- No headrest
- Not suitable for very tall persons
9. SmugDesk Ergonomic High Back Mesh Desk Office Chair
If you are looking for a sleek, cozy experience while working, you have landed on the right choice. The chair has some of the best ergonomic features, high back, headrest, and fully tilting wheels that make it able to cope around a busy workspace.
- PU casters
- Multi-function mechanism
- High back with mesh
- Reinforced framework
- padded pillow wrapped in mesh cloth
- Sliceable headrest
- One-year warranty
- Tilt lock machine pedal
- Easy to assemble
- Offers excellent mid and low back support
- 360-degrees rotatable casters allow smooth gliding
- Nonadjustable arms
- A little bit heavy
- Slightly low armrests
10. SMUGDESK Ergonomic Office Desk Chair
Simple yet very effective design with the ability to meet the dynamic requirements of a busy office. It builds with strong material making it firm and secure to handle well constant movement during a fully packed day at work.
- Curved seat at an angle of 3-degrees
- 5-claw fully rotational casters
- Leather padded armrests
- Tall netback
- Mesh seat cover
- Movable headrest
- Multi-function device
- Quick installation
- Dedicated neck rest
- Elevated at the lower back for maximum lumbar support
- Made of highly durable material
- You cannot bend the arms
- lower armrest
- It has some extra weight
Factors To Consider Before Buying an Ergonomic Chair
In case you are spending more time every day in front of a computer than you pay in sleeping, then you need a comfortable, practical chair. Remember that not every chair branded “ergonomic” bears all the features necessary to give optimal back support required as per this setup honestly.
A supportive office chair increases output and exploits the proficiency of an individual. A wrong office chair, on the other end, will pile a lot of pressure on your back, leg, and palms. However, to prevent such a scenario, then remember the points below when shopping for a good chair.
- A good chair should match the natural shape of your spine at the backrest to fully support the lower back region. Some have adjustable lumbar support that will enable you to customize, given your posture.
- The fabric should be porous to ward off heat that may accumulate as a result of prolonged sitting hours.
- An adjustable seat pan is ideal for letting you sit with ease. There should be sufficient cushion that will enable the user to sit without sensing the base of the chair.
- The chair should swivel freely to access different spots in your work area and avoid upper limb fatigue, which may result from overstretching to reach various items.
- You should be able to quickly get all the adjustable controls of your chair in a seated position.
- The armrest should at least be movable, and the lowest adjustable point should be below your thigh to avoid interfering with your elbow movement when working.
- When looking at casters, consider the type of your floor. Some are specific for carpeted floors, while others glide smoothly on wooden floors only.
- The base should have at least five claws for stability. Four-star bases often tip over, especially when you are in a reclined pose.
- A headrest comes in handy for people who experience neck problems. It provides neck support and reduces the weight the neck has to bear by resting the head.
The most comfortable office chair should well balance between functionality and relaxation. The best office chair for lower back pain should be comfortable and capable of reducing strain on the lumbar region that may cause back injury.
Having an ergonomic chair promotes good health, which is relative to productivity. All in all, it is essential to choose a chair that fits your natural curvature to provide you with much-needed ease while working. Consider the above options when making a choice the most comfortable office chair.