Do you have a hairy friend in the home? If you keep pets in the home, then you should expect them to shed hair as they tear throughout the indoors. Therefore, as you think about the most suitable vacuum cleaner, be sure to consider those pets and the hair they shed.
Nothing turns you off like clean floors with stray hair strands spreading everywhere. If that is the case in your home, it means the regular vacuum is not doing an excellent job.
That notwithstanding, vacuuming long hair has never been easy. This is not unless you get the best vacuum for long hair. Whether short or long hair, just like pollen, pet fur, skin flakes, and lint provide food for dust mites.
These creatures are a typical cause of dust allergy in the home. They are certainly not the kind of pest you will want in your house. Suffice to say, vacuum cleaners that are excellent for human hair can almost deal with everything else.
The vital element for such vacuums is the potent suction. This ensures small, large, and stubborn specks are quickly eliminated from the floor. Besides, they need to carry highly effective HEPA filters for trapping dust and allergens.
When you focus on an appropriate cleaner, you can finally bid farewell to those annoying hairs with no clogging of your vacuum. For suction capability and durability, you’ll probably want a vacuum optimized for picking up long hair to guarantee a spotless house.
By selecting a suitable device for the cleaning tasks, you get to eliminate brush rolls snarling up with hair and ensure that your unit provides uninterrupted performance when cleaning up after pets.
To help you determine the best vacuum for long hair, we have worked through the finest hypoallergenic vacuum cleaners on the market. With our research, you not only get to welcome professional cleaning services, but also enjoy hair-free upholstery, floors, and furniture.
- The 10 Best Vacuum Cleaner For Long Hair Reviews
- 1) Bissell 9595A CleanView Bagless Vacuum
- 2) Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
- 3) Shark Navigator Pet Pro (ZU62) Vacuum
- 4) Shark Navigator Upright Vacuum
- 5) Shark Rotator Powered (NV752) Vacuum
- 6) Eureka NEU182A Vacuum Cleaner
- 7) Ovente ST2620B Cyclonic Vacuum
- 8) Shark Navigator Deluxe Bagless Vacuum
- 9) Bissell Zing Bagged Canister Vacuum
- 10) eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 11S Robot Vacuum
- Key Features For Vacuums For Long Hair
- Features To Consider When Buying a Vacuum For Long Hair
The 10 Best Vacuum Cleaner For Long Hair Reviews
1) Bissell 9595A CleanView Bagless Vacuum
This Bissell CleanView One Pass vacuum is available in an upright cleaner, which performs decently for cleaning floors. Despite this machine being bulky, it is still the best vacuum for pet hair at its price point.
- 12-Inch Cleaning Path: The machine carries a great 12-inch cleaning path. You are able to cover a lot of ground in a short span of time. However, you’ll have to do more to rid your floor of debris and dust. This is because the vacuum is bulkier when compared with other upright vacuums.
- Multi-Cyclonic System: This technology features a powerful suction force that pulls up all hair, dust, and debris from your surfaces. In addition, the multi-cyclonic system separates debris and dirt. This function helps to keep your filters cleaner for longer.
- TurboBrush Tool: When it comes to cleaning upholstery, car interiors, furniture, and stairs, you need a powerful brush and this machine does not disappoint. The TurboBrush carries a powerful motorized brush tool. As a handheld device, the brush tool can make short work of debris and furniture in your home.
- Large Dust Tank: Besides the innovative One Pass technology, this vacuum has a large tank that is easy to empty. With a 2.2 liter tank, you do not have to worry that it will fill up too quickly or get dirty when emptying.
- Filtration System: This filtration system features a washable foam filter making it the best vacuum for dog hair. It is also ideal for people with allergy issues. A rotating brush is able to quickly pick up dirt into the efficient multi-level filtration system and further into the large tank. As such, it ensures allergens do not circulate back out.
- Power Cord: The Bissell CleanView vacuum carries an extended cleaning reach through its 25-foot power cord. You can easily connect from the mains and avoid the hassle of connecting extension cables.
- Extension Wand: Effective cleaning involves capturing debris and dirt low and high. This One Pass technology vacuum has an extension wand to help clean ceiling fans, baseboards, and ceilings without straining the back.
Although you will want to pass on this vacuum for being bulky, the Bissell CleanView One Pass vacuum makes up for its flaws with a wide selection of accessories and innovative One Pass technology.
2) Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
Use the Hoover Linx Cordless vacuum to sanitize on different floor types including hardwood and carpet.
- Interchangeable –Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery: This vacuum has a rechargeable battery making it convenient to charge when it drains. You can also buy a spare battery for interchanging for uninterrupted cleaning experience.
- WindTunnel Technology: This innovative WindTunnel technology carries triple the power of a regular suction. It can suck up three times dirt and dust than a typical vacuum cleaner.
- Power Brush: This device has a power brush that is great for clean carpets. In addition, use the switch to turn off the brush and start vacuuming on hard floors.
- Auto Height Adjustment: This system ensures the vacuum picks up both smaller and larger dust and debris.
- Wide Vacuuming: The machine features a wide vacuuming path to help you cover a large surface area in a short time.
- Edge Vacuuming Bristle: The edge vacuuming bristle allows you to easily, clean around corners.
While it is a little lacking in maneuverability, this unit carries impressive cleaning power, bearing in mind it runs on a battery.
3) Shark Navigator Pet Pro (ZU62) Vacuum
This Shark Navigator model gives you the ultimate lightweight cleaning experience in an upright posture.
- Large Capacity Dust Cup: The Shark Navigator Zero vacuum has a three times larger dust cup for prolonged cleaning to deal with the entire home uninterrupted.
- 12-Foot Extended Reach: The device comes with 12-feet of hose extension to help you reach high areas like ceilings and walls.
- Anti-Allergen Seal: A comprehensive allergen seal captures and holds over 99.9% of allergens, dirt, and dust.
- Maneuverability: Fitted with a dynamic swivel steering for total navigation around furniture and obstacles.
While the Shark Navigator Zero-M Upright may not have all the features you need in an ideal upright vacuum, it is still the best vacuum for long hair.
4) Shark Navigator Upright Vacuum
If you are looking for an upright vacuum that can deliver nonstop hair removal, maybe you should try the Shark navigator upright vacuum with lift-away.
- Upright Mode: The upright position is the ideal way to clean. This way, you can achieve powerful floor pickup as well as deep carpet cleaning.
- Lift-Away Mode: When you need to reach above the floor, simply detach the canister, and lengthen your reach.
- Anti-Allergen Seal: The vacuum features a comprehensive seal that quickly sucks up and traps allergens.
- Swivel Steering: For greater maneuverability, the Shark navigator upright vacuum with lift away has a swivel steering to help you sanitize hard to reach areas.
When you combine Shark’s latest Zero-M Anti-Hair Wrap innovation with excellent swivel technology, effective filters, as well as multi-surface cleaning ability, this device gives you value for your money.
5) Shark Rotator Powered (NV752) Vacuum
The Shark rotator powered upright vacuum gives you full portable cleaning ability with its lift-away feature.
- Detachable Canister: To help you deep clean those hard to reach areas, the canister detaches from the body to deliver consistent power that keeps the brush roll.
- Anti-Allergen Seal: The rotator powered lift-away upright vacuum by Shark carries an anti-allergen complete seal technology. Once sucked up from your floors, the allergens are totally trapped in the vacuum to give a clean environment.
- Fingertip Control: Switching from carpet to hard floor mode is at your fingertips. Change modes on the go without having to interrupt the cleaning process.
- LED Lights: It is easy to move around dark corners with Shark’s rotator powered lift-away LED lights on the nozzle and handle. You no longer have to miss dirt due to poor lighting.
- Dynamic Swivel Steering: The advanced steering innovation by Shark gives you excellent control to maneuver around any obstacles standing in your way.
With its powerful performance and dynamic design, this vacuum is ideal for consumers who want a single vacuum that can clean all rooms in the home.
6) Eureka NEU182A Vacuum Cleaner
If you are looking for a device that is easy and effortless to assemble and use, maybe you should try this Eureka NEU182A power speed vacuum cleaner.
- Powerful Cleaning: This device carries a powerful 8-amp motor that can pick up dirt even from carpets. Moreover, cyclonic technology enhances its suction strength to make the vacuum efficient. You will never have to worry about the filter being clogged. This is because the powerful pick-up force removes any particles from the filter.
- ON/OFF Brush Roll: This vacuum, unlike some upright models, can deactivate the beater if not necessary for the cleaning action. Therefore, you can clean different surfaces in the home without causing further damage.
- Height Adjustment: This Eureka power speed vacuum comes with a five-step height adjustment system for different floor types. Use this feature to adjust the vacuum’s settings to match the surface you intend to clean.
- Wide Cleaning Nozzle: With a 12.6-inch cleaning nozzle, your vacuum tasks take a short time. It is particularly useful for large homes.
For its efficiency, durability, and usability at its price point, this Eureka vacuum will give you the best suction in a compact model.
7) Ovente ST2620B Cyclonic Vacuum
If you are looking for the best vacuum for long hair, the ST2620B Bagless Canister Cyclonic Vacuum by Ovente might intrigue you.
- Excellent Suction: The ST2620B series by Ovente does not miss a spot when cleaning due to its powerful suction.
- HEPA Filtration System: The 1400w vacuum has a HEPA filter tool to effectively suck allergens and dust mites before trapping them inside the filter. This prevents contaminants from getting back into the atmosphere.
- Numerous Accessories: This unit carries different attachments. They include a 2-setting floor nozzle, multi-angle brush, a furniture nozzle, and a pet or soft brush. With these features, cleaning up every part of the house gets easier.
- Speed Control: This Ovente bagless canister cyclonic vacuum features energy-saving speed control. With this feature, you get to determine the level of suction for each cleaning task. That way, you can control the amount of power you use.
Apart from being price friendly, this Ovente vacuum cleaner comes with every feature you’ll ever want in a canister vacuum.
8) Shark Navigator Deluxe Bagless Vacuum
The powerful 1,200 watt motor of the Shark navigator deluxe makes it ideal for your carpets, rugs, and bare floors.
- Lightweight: The Shark Navigator Deluxe might not be the lightest bagless vacuum in the market, yet it is easy to move around corners, furniture, and edges.
- Excellent Suction Power: This deluxe nv42 vacuum carries an outstanding suction capacity. Using a 10 amps motor to power the unit and 25-feet of power cord extension, all you need is the 12-feet stretch hose to handle various cleaning tasks at home.
- Never Lose Suction Technology: This Shark navigator deluxe has Never Loses Suction technology to provide sufficient suction power to handle most cleaning chores in the house.
- Transparent Dust Cup: It should not be hard telling when your dust cup needs emptying since the dirt bin is available in transparent.
- Filtration Assembly: The NV42 bagless vacuum by Shark features one of the most comprehensive filtration systems. It carries a post-motor filter, pre-motor felt filter, as well as pre-motor foam. All these filters ensure that dust does not recirculate back in the house.
- ON/OFF Brush Roll: For enhanced cleaning up of pet hair and other dirt, this Deluxe NV42 series has a brush roll that comes with an ON/OFF button. This helps you to switch between carpets and hard floors when cleaning.
The Shark Navigator Deluxe NV42 might not suit everyone since it lacks extra features that come with superior models.
9) Bissell Zing Bagged Canister Vacuum
If you are tired of carrying stuff around, it is time to switch to the Bissell Zing Bagged Canister Vacuum with 4 canister wheels allowing you to pull it along.
- Streamlined Vacuuming: Bissell Zing Bagged Canister not only has a dual-filter but also is lightweight. In addition to the telescopic wand and swiveling hose, you will enjoy the convenience of streamlined vacuuming.
- Large Dirt Bag: You will not need to change your vacuum bag from time to time since this device carries a 2-liter bag.
- Nozzle and Handle Controls: The handler regulator allows you to regulate airflow to a suitable tool for your cleaning chores without diving up suction power. You can also adjust the height of the brush roll to the level of the surface you plan to clean.
- Canister Controls: You can lengthen or shorten the floor nozzle’s suction to enhance suction for deep carpet cleaning or for hardwood floors.
- Flexible Reach: With a 17-foot power cord, you can lengthen to reach both low and high surfaces when cleaning the home. Besides, the hose swivels at the connection point for effective above-floor cleaning.
The Bissel Zing Bagged Canister is a great vacuum machine for its small size and price range. However, it is rather loud on a low setting.
10) eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 11S Robot Vacuum
Vacuuming isn’t the most exciting domestic chore which is why you’ll find this eufy BoostIQ RoboVac so appealing.
- New Design Rove: If you are trying to locate the best vacuum for long hair, some sophisticated technology might be the solution. This robot vacuum comes with the slimmest rove yet quiet operations and enhanced suction power.
- Exceptional Technology: This robot vacuum automatically boosts suction power in 1.5 seconds of sensing the need for enhanced vacuuming strength. You will always get the best clean without having to manually adjust suction power settings.
- Scratch-Proof: This advanced vacuum cleaner carries an anti-scratch tempered top glass cover for protection.
- Infrared Sensor: This robot utilizes infrared sensors to avoid obstacles during cleaning, besides a drop-sensing technology to keep it from falling.
- Automatic Recharge: If you need a vacuum that is always ready to clean when you need it to, eufy features an automatic recharge function making constantly ready for work.
- Extra Accessories: The RoboVac 11S comes with remote control and batteries, a cleaning tool, an ac power adapter, additional high-tech filters, four side brushes, as well as five cable ties to make your cleaning experience flawless.
Without support for smartphone apps, this robot vacuum denies you the chance to do other tasks while it cleans up. When treating it like a remote-controlled car, you cannot afford to lie in bed while eufy is working.
Key Features For Vacuums For Long Hair
Although all vacuum cleaners are powerful courtesy of their strong suction, long hair strands often play a few tricks to deteriorate the performance of these devices. Some of the most common include:
- Hair can wrap around brush bars. This hampers rotary movement and can result in the motor to burn
- Hair often gets clogged in the hose making it hard to reach and remove. This can significantly reduce the suction and vacuuming ability of the device.
- Hair easily wraps around the filter to cause clogging and diminish the vacuum’s suction. In addition, the filter’s ability to remove dust particles and allergens from the air stream becomes limited. This is widespread among bagless vacuums whose filters sink into the dust cup.
Features To Consider When Buying a Vacuum For Long Hair
In order to get the best vacuum for long hair, be sure to watch out for the following essential features:
- Self-cleaning heads: some brands like the Shark Ion robot carry self-cleaning heads to provide consistent cleaning experience.
- Motorized brush roll: A motorized brush roll is especially useful when cleaning carpets because it helps to separate hair from carpet surfaces before they are pulled away.
- Broad hose: A hose with wider diameter is not only easier to check for balled up hair, but convenient to clean due to the large diameter.
- Transparency: Transparent dirt bins or dust cups give the onus of checking its fill capacity. Moreover, you can check if hair strands are clogging the filter.
- Easy Access: When shopping for a vacuum cleaner, consider one with easy access to the brush roll. This feature allows you to cut away or detangle hair wrapped around your brush roll.
If you often clean up after pet hair, you will know that looking out for an excellent tangle-free vacuum is worth it. If you are looking for a device that will quicken cleaning tasks in the home without making it a never ending chore, purchasing that is designed for long hair is a smart bet. Above everything else, take into account the device’s suction power as well as the possibility of hair wrapping around the brush roll.