Standup Wireless is a growing company that focuses on giving out affordable wireless services and plans to consumers in over 22 states in the United States. Apart from that, they also provide Lifeline assistance through the Lifeline Program and Affordable Connectivity Program.
This has enabled several struggling households to get discounted phone plans and even free phones. If you want to know how to get a Standup Wireless free phone, then this article has got you covered.
However, you have to meet some prerequisite criteria before qualifying for Standup Wireless Lifeline Assistance and enjoying their discounted plans and free phones. Additionally, you have to be residing in one of the states they provide wireless services.
- How To Get Standup Wireless Free Phone
- How to Qualify for The Standup Wireless Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Program
- Documents Needed For Standup Wireless Lifeline Program
- Deadline Of The Standup Wireless Lifeline Program
- Application Process For Standup Wireless Free Phone
- Best Phone Offered By Standup Wireless
- Standup Wireless Bring Your Own Phone Program
- What To Do If Your Standup Wireless Phone Is Stolen, Lost, Or Damaged
- Benefits of Standup Wireless
- Related Articles
- Frequently Asked Questions
How To Get Standup Wireless Free Phone
To get a free Standup Wireless phone, go to the standup wireless website and apply for the lifeline or ACP program, but you have to be enrolled in any one of these two government benefit programs below:
1. Lifeline Program
The Lifeline program is run by the Federal Communication Commission to make phone services affordable to people from low-income families. It also helps to provide free cell phones for low-income families to enable them to communicate effortlessly and even access the internet. How does it do this? It does this by collaborating with wireless service companies such as Standup Wireless, which distribute the phones.
However, the Lifeline Program has stringent guidelines to meet before becoming eligible for assistance. These guidelines are universally applied in all states across the country.
2. Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)
This is another program developed by the Federal Communication Commission to lessen the load incurred by financially challenged consumers when purchasing broadband services. The Affordable Connectivity Program offers as much as $75 discounts to help people buy internet services.
It also provides as much as $100 discounts to help people buy gadgets such as laptops, computers, cell phones and tablets. The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) succeeded the Emergency Broadband Benefit EBB program, which was discontinued in December 2021.
How to Qualify for The Standup Wireless Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Program
For you to meet the prerequisite criteria for the Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Programs, you have to Be enrolled in one or some of the government assistance programs below:
- The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program/SNAP
- Federal Public Housing Assitance/FPHA
- Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefits
- Tribal Head Start
- Tribally-Administered Temporary Assistance To Needy Families/TANF
- Food Distribution On Indian Reservations/FDPIR
- Supplemental Security Income/SSI
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- The National School Lunch Program or the School Breakfast Program
- Women, Infants, and Children/WIC
Have an annual income that does not go over %135 and %200 of the Federal Poverty Guidelines for the Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity programs, respectively.
Note: These guidelines vary annually, so you should always check them to stay updated.
Additionally, you may qualify for the Affordable Connectivity Program if you have been awarded a Federal Pell Grant in the year you plan to apply. The Federal Communication Commission confirms your qualification through channels like the National Verifier run by the Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC) and the National Lifeline Accountability Database/NLAD.
Documents Needed For Standup Wireless Lifeline Program
Before you get a free phone or free tablet from Standup Wireless through the Government Lifeline program, you need to have a couple of vital documents. They include:
Income eligibility Documents
All the income eligibility documents you produce should clearly show your legal name in full and the type of documents it is. Some examples include a W-2 tax form from the previous year and a recent statement of benefits and pay stubs.
Documents Proving Your Participation In A Program
These documents should reveal your full legal name, the program’s name, and the date it was issued. Good examples are SNAP Award letters, Medicaid Award letters, Veterans Pension Grant statement of benefits, and a Medicaid Card.
Deadline Of The Standup Wireless Lifeline Program
Below are some important things that you should keep in mind when you sign up for the Standup Wireless Lifeline Program:
- You cannot transfer your Lifeline phone to a different person.
- Every household can only receive one Standup Wireless Free Phone.
- You can only use your Standup Wireless free phone to make calls within the country and not internationally.
- To stay on the Standup Wireless Lifeline Program, you be required to recertify your membership annually. This can be done by contacting them at 1-888-966-9093 or filling out a recertification form that you can get on the Standup wireless website.
Application Process For Standup Wireless Free Phone
Applying for a Standup Wireless Free Phone is simple, but you will have to pick between two methods of application:
Of the two methods, applying online is the easier one. Just follow this procedure:
- Begin your application on the Standup Wireless website.
- Input your email address and ZIP code and tap on the ‘check availability option.
- You will be redirected to a page where you will be instructed on how to input all the required information.
Apply Through Mail
This method is more suitable for seniors and people who are less computer-savvy;
- Download a Standup Wireless Lifeline application form from their website and fill in the required details.
- Attach copies of your document and mail them together with your application to the Standup Wireless headquarters address:
- Standup Wireless
- PO Box 13006
- Oklahoma City
- OK 73113-1006
If your application is successful, Standup Wireless will send you a free phone by mail. You can activate it by dialing 611. In case of any query, you can get in touch with Standup Wireless Customer service representatives through their address above or through:
- Phone number: 1-800-544-4441
Best Phone Offered By Standup Wireless
Now that you have already known how to get a Standup Wireless Free Phone, what phone models are you likely to get? Unfortunately, Standup Wireless gives its potential and existing customers one type of phone: the Vortex Sync.
The Vortex Sync comes in two color variants; black and white. You can pick whichever suits you best. This device has a 5.5-inch FWVGA screen with a resolution of 480 by 960 pixels, which is pretty decent for a free phone. It also has a dual SIM card slot so that it will be easy to interchange between different networks.
There is an Android 8.1 Oreo Go operating system and a 1GB RAM that works hand-in-hand to ensure that this phone does not lag. The Vortex Sync’s 8GB internal memory is only sufficient for storing your contacts and maybe a few music files. However, it can be expanded to 32 GB.
You can use a 2MP back camera and a 3MP front camera to take photos while on the go. There are a few entertainment options like games and an FM radio so you won’t be bored if you get this phone. Lastly, it has a 2000mAh Lithium-ion battery that does not drain quickly.
Standup Wireless Bring Your Own Phone Program
The Standup Wireless Bring Your Own Phone policy allows people to come with their own devices when switching from different network providers. This will enable you to enjoy their free minutes, data, and reliable network. For Standup Lifeline eligible customers, switching to the Standup Wireless network will not cost you anything.
Before bringing your own handset to Standup Wireless, you must determine if it is compatible with their network first. Standup Wireless is a GSM-based network provider, so your phone must be GSM-enabled to work with Standup Wireless. Generally, all unlocked GSM 4G LTE/5G can work with Standup Wireless.
If you’re unsure if your phone is GSM-enabled, you should check for its compatibility with the Standup Wireless network online. You can do this by using their compatibility checking tool. All you need to do is input your phone’s IMEI number and tap on ‘check device,’ and you will be notified about its compatibility status. But how do you locate your phone’s IMEI number in the first place?
For android users, you can do the following:
- Open ‘settings’ on your device.
- Go to the ‘about phone’ section.
- Choose the ‘status’ option.
- Your device’s IMEI will be displayed in the ‘IMEI information’ section.
For iPhone users:
- Open ‘settings’ on your phone.
- Select the ‘general’ option.
- Select ‘About’.
- Find your phone’s IMEI number after scrolling down and note it somewhere.
What To Do If Your Standup Wireless Phone Is Stolen, Lost, Or Damaged
The first thing you should do once your phone gets stolen or lost is to call a Standup Wireless customer representative at 1-800-544-4441. They will immediately terminate your account so no one else can access it. Additionally, they will help you to get a replacement.
If any damage occurs to your phone, you can still contact them using the same number, and they will guide you through the whole process of repairing it. But, if the phone is irreparably damaged, they will offer you a replacement.
It is important to note that Standup Wireless only replaces spoilt phones within ninety days from when you activated them. They will not help you if the ninety-day period elapses. Standup Wireless will give you a new phone or a refurbished one depending on their assessment and what they currently have in store.
Benefits of Standup Wireless
There are many reasons why people switch from different network providers to Standup Wireless. Some of them include:
1) Excellent Customer Service
Despite its small size, Standup Wireless still offers exceptional customer support. This makes it easier for customers to contact them whenever they have a problem.
Standup Wireless offers more leeway than other carriers who switch off your phone service when you fail to pay the bills on time. They simply float the customers’ phone bills so they can make the payment at a future date.
3) It is Affordable
Besides providing free plans and phones through its Lifeline program, Standup Wireless offers phone plans at very competitive rates. Their cheapest plan costs only $10, and it will give you access to unlimited texts, 1000 minutes, and 500MB of data. You can call and text without exhausting your minutes or texts.
Hopefully, this article has shown you how to get a Standup Wireless Free phone so you can enjoy its services. Remember that Standup Wireless free phones are not available in all the states in the country, so you should check if it is available where you reside before applying for one.
You will receive a free phone in your mail if your application is approved. Customers can also opt to bring their own handset or purchase a new one from Standup Wireless.
- How to Get SafetyNet Wireless Free Phone
- How Do I Get American Assistance Free Phone
- How To Get A Standup Wireless Free Phone