Tablets are an essential tool in this digital era since they combine the attributes of computers and phones. They can be used for education, communication, and even entertainment. However, most reliable tablets are very costly, making them inaccessible to many people. This article discusses how you can get a Standup Wireless Free Tablet to help you carry out your daily activities.
The federal government initiated the Affordable Connectivity Program to help the underprivileged, seniors, and disabled people afford a tablet. They carry out this program in collaboration with like-minded organizations such as Standup Wireless. While the federal government funds this initiative, Standup Wireless is tasked with distributing the tablets to eligible households.
All the details will be given here if you want to know how you can qualify and apply for a free tablet from Standup Wireless and the types of tablets offered.
Does Standup Wireless Offer Free Tablet
Standup Wireless doesn’t exactly offer free tablets. But the Federal Government’s Affordable Connectivity and Lifeline Programs can provide tablets at discounted prices. Participants of the Affordable Connectivity Program can redeem a $100 discount which they can use only once to purchase a digital device, e.g., a tablet.
This program can also enable you to get a functional tablet for only $10.01. Unfortunately, the Standup Wireless Free tablet you receive cannot be used for calling or texting. However, it can connect to Wi-Fi and the Standup Wireless network so that you can utilize apps such as Skype and Facebook.
You can qualify for Standup Wireless Free Tablet if you subscribe to the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) offered by Standup Wireless. The program has a few conditions you must satisfy before you can be approved (this helps weed out all the people trying to take advantage of the program). They include:
- The income you receive should not exceed 200% of the poverty threshold set by the FCC.
- You have to prove that you are getting assistance from the government through one of their programs, e.g., SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program), FPHA (Federal Public Housing Assistance), Medicaid, and SSI (Supplemental Security Income).
- You should be enrolled in a tribal assistance program such as tribal TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families), FDPIR (Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations), and Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) general assistance.
- Reduced Price School and Lunch or Breakfast Program members can also get assistance through the ACP.
- You can still be eligible if the government issues you a Federal Pell Grant for the present award year.
How To Apply For A Standup Wireless Free Tablet
Applying for the Standup Wireless Affordable Connectivity Program is almost identical to applying for the Lifeline Program offered by the Federal Communication Commission. However, being a member of the Lifeline program does not mean that you will automatically qualify for the Standup Wireless Affordable Connectivity Program. You need to apply anew to get a free device. Here is the process:
- You can begin the whole process from the Standup Wireless Application page.
- Input your email address and ZIP code and select ‘begin the application.’
- Fill in all the essential information that is needed in the spaces provided.
- Attach all the required documents, I.e., documents that prove your identity, participation in a government-assisted program, and income.
- Your details will be confirmed by Standup Wireless and forwarded to the national verification to prove your eligibility.
- Once your details have been confirmed to be accurate, you will be prompted to select a plan and tablet.
- You can then finish the application process by submitting and waiting for approval.
- It may take a few business days for your application to be approved. Standup Wireless will contact you to tell you whether you have been approved or not. Customers whose application was declined will also be informed.
- If Standup Wireless approves your application, they will send you a free tablet in a couple of days, so you will need to be patient.
Existing Standup Wireless customers can opt into ACP (EBB) on their Standup Wireless account instead of going through the above procedure.
Standup Wireless Free Tablet Brands
There are no particular brands of tablets that Standup Wireless offers. It all depends on the type and model of tablet they have in store at the time of your application. Furthermore, your state also plays a significant role in determining the type of tablet you’ll receive.
These tablets are generally offered at discounted prices, so you might not get them completely free of charge. Most of them are refurbished or preowned. However, they still function perfectly. Some of the models which Standup Wireless has in store include:
1. Sky Elite T8
The first Standup Wireless Free Tablet on our list is the Sky Elite T8. You can get this device for only $10.01. The Sky Elite T8 comes with an 8-inch high-definition screen with an 800 by 1280 pixels resolution. It displays all images clearly, so you will not strain while watching movies or series on it.
This gadget has an attractive design and a pretty solid build, enabling you to handle it easily without accidentally dropping it. On top of that, it comes with 2G, 3G, and 4G internet connectivity for fast browsing during your free time or at work.
Performance-wise, the Sky Elite T8 is flawless thanks to an Android 11 operating system and a 1.5GHz octa-core CPU. This processor enables apps like skype and WhatsApp to seamlessly function even when you’re making a video call.
This tablet has 32GB internal storage and 3GB RAM for storing work files or research data. It also has main and secondary cameras with 5MP and 2MP resolutions, respectively. There is a 4000 mAh battery that constantly delivers power when it is fully charged.
2. Nuu Tab 8
Like the previous tablet on our list, the Nuu Tab goes for only $10.01 for customers subscribed to the Standup Wireless Affordable Connectivity program. This tablet features a 1.5 GHz quad-core CPU and an Android 11 OS. It only comes in one color variant; black.
Its LCD screen is 8 inches making it a perfect tool for seniors who love to frequently video call with their loved ones. You won’t have to worry about slow internet speed since it comes with 4G LTE network technology.
The Nuu Tab 8 has a 32GB ROM. This is enough space for storing music, pictures, and movies. You can expand this further to a capacity of 128GB. Additionally, it has 2GB RAM to retrieve stored data from the phone quickly.
The properties of this device’s camera are similar to those of the SKY Elite T8’s camera (5MP for the rear camera and 2MP for the front camera). It will guarantee that the clarity of your video calls is top-notch. A battery with a capacity of 4000mAh is used to keep the phone running throughout the day.
3. Vortex Tab 8
The last device on our list is the Vortex Tab 8. This is one of the options offered to clients for $10.01 by Standup Wireless when they qualify for ACP. The Vortex Tab 8 has a Micro SIM card and SD card slot, which you can use to connect to the Standup Wireless network with their Simcard. The SD card slot can increase the tablet’s storage capacity.
You can plug in your earphones and charge your phone through an ear jack and a USB TYPE-C port, respectively. This tablet instinctively warns you when its 4000mAh battery is about to finish by displaying ‘battery low’ on your screen.
The Vortex Tab 8 has a large screen clear enough for watching basketball and baseball games. It also has Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity, so you will never have to worry about network issues. Its internal memory is 32 GB like other Standup Wireless free tablets.
This tab has an 8MP rear camera and a 5MP front camera for photogenic people. Android enthusiasts will also be delighted since this tab runs on an Android 11 GO Edition and a 1.4 GHz processor.
You can contact Standup Wireless at 1-800-544-4441 to confirm if they still have these tablets in-store.
How to Install A Simcard Into Your Standup Wireless Tablet
Once you receive your free tablet, you will need to insert a Standup Wireless Simcard to use it with the Standup Wireless network. This can be tedious if you don’t know how to go about it correctly. Luckily, the instructions below have simplified everything for you:
- Step 1: The first thing you should do is switch off your tablet. You can do this by pressing the power button for approximately 5 seconds and tapping a ‘power off’ prompt that will be displayed.
- Step 2: Take out the sim ejector tool; it usually comes packaged in a box with the tablet charger. If you can’t find it, you can improvise and use tools such as paper clips, needles, and pencils. However, you should be cautious not to damage the Simcard tray.
- Step 3: Find the Simcard tray on your tablet. It is located adjacent to the port used for charging.
- Step 4: To eject your Simcard from the tablet, carefully slot in the tool you have found until the Simcard tray is dislodged. Be careful not to break the Simcard tray, or else you won’t be able to use the Standup Wireless network.
- Step 5: From your Standup wireless sim tool kit, remove the tiniest SIM known as a Nano Simcard.
- Step 6: Put the Nano Simcard in the tiniest slot on the sim tray. The corner of the Simcard which hasn’t been cut should be on the right side, and the part with no metal should face upwards. You can use the other slot for SD Cards.
- Step 7: With the screen of your tablet facing down, gently reinsert the SIM tray till it locks in. Ensure that you have placed the Simcard correctly before reinserting it into your tablet. You should be able to view the ICCID on the SIM while reinserting it.
- Step 8: Switch your tablet back on. You should be able to connect to the Standup Wireless network. An LTE/4G symbol will be displayed at the top left corner of your screen for confirmation.
How to Connect Your Standup Wireless Free Tablet To Wi-Fi
You can connect your Standup Wireless tablet to Wi-Fi by:
- Opening the Settings app, go to network and internet,
- Select Wi-Fi and turn it on,
- Go back to Wi-Fi and tap on it.
- Select the network you want to connect to and enter the password.
- Press connect.
Standup Wireless is one of the most reliable network providers that offer free tablets through the Affordable Connectivity Program. You can apply and qualify for a Standup Wireless Free tablet if you’re enrolled in any government assistance program. Currently, there are three free tablet options that Standup Wireless offers at a discounted price of $10.01.
All of them have been discussed in detail to make it easier for you to choose one. However, if you don’t get a free tablet from Standup Wireless, you can try other options like non-charitable organizations, giveaways, and well-wishers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Standup Wireless Tablets aren’t entirely free. The FCC mandates the company to charge at least $10.01 for every tablet.
There is no specific amount of time to get your free tablet. It varies depending on the state you reside in and how long your verification process lasts. Standup Wireless will typically send you the free tablet a few business days after they approve your application.