A tower fan should make your indoor stay during hot days more comfortable and bearable. Unfortunately, that is not always the case. Some units are ineffective and unreliable, which is the reason you need to be careful when selecting the right fan for your home or office. The best tower fan with remote increases your comfort by effectively circulating air in your room while offering smooth operation.
A tower fan can also work well with a realistic electric fireplace, especially if the fireplace does not have a powerful internal fan, or if it does not heat your home evenly. The tower fans have a small, stylish design that makes them complement battery operated table lamps for a homogeneous table outlay.
In this guide, we will help you find the best tower fan for your home by reviewing the best ten. We also show you what to look for in a tower fan for an informed purchase decision.
What To Look For When Selecting The Suitable Tower Fan?
Although most tower fans tend to look alike, they offer different performances. Finding the best is not always easy, but you should not take shortcuts as that could become an expensive mistake. The features that you should look out for in a tower fan include:
Although you are looking for a cooling solution in a fan, you do not want a product that produces a lot of noise. The earlier models were very loud as they used a noisy motor to circulate air in a room, but the technology has progressed over the years. It is possible to sleep when the fan is on, but that requires you to make the right purchase decision.
A neighbor does not have to notice that you have put your fan on. When buying a tower fan in 2020, you will find the following noise classifications.
- Very Quiet – The best tower fan with remote should be rated very quiet. The units with this rated are barely noticeable that they are working. They use whisper-quiet technologies that make them ideal for bedroom and office. You will not find it difficult to fall asleep or concentrate as you work with the fan on. The ultra-silent fans are usually the bladeless tower fans.
- Quiet – The units in the category are not as silent as those in the very quiet category, but they are not loud. They do not come with whisper-quiet technology, which means they emit some noise. However, the noise is loud, and it will not disturb or prevent you from your activities. They are suitable for living rooms and workspaces, but you should avoid using the bedroom as light sleepers might find it difficult to sleep with a working quiet-rated unit.
- Not Quiet – Although models in this category are not as loud as those of the earlier days, they are not quit. They produce noise that can prevent you from falling asleep or even concentrate on your work. The units in this category are usually more powerful than the silent fans, making them ideal for large spaces where you won’t have to stay close to them as they work.
Ease of use
You are less likely to find a tower fan that is difficult to operate in 2020, but some are easier to use than others. The best manufacturers continuously improve their models’ performance and operations with easy-to-use controls. Some of the features you should look out for in a top tower fan include:
- Remote Control: A remote control is helpful as it enables you to turn the unit on and off without leaving your working table, sofa, or bed. You can quickly turn the unit on and off with the remote and even change settings like the fan speed.
- LCD Display: An LCD is useful in helping users find the settings and features currently in use. You can easily track the changes as they are clearly visible. However, keep in mind that some units have larger screens than others.
- Digital Control Panel: Most tower fans come with a friendly digital control panel with all the settings clearly outlined for quick operation. They are easier to tell the parameters that are in use.
- Preprogrammed Features: A fan with preprogrammed features is useful when you need a quick cooling solution. Instead of pushing multiple buttons whenever you put on the unit, you will find it easier to select a preprogrammed setting as a starting point.
The top models offer several fan speeds that you can use to cool your home. The fan speeds can range from two to as many as nine. Although those with two speeds are effective, it is better to choose a unit with more speeds as it offers greater versatility.
Different sized rooms have dissimilar needs. A model with multiple speeds lets you customize your room needs more effectively.
Some tower fans give you an option to choose your ideal fan setting based on modes. A night mode means that the fan will operate at its lowest setting to enable you to sleep.
A tower with a timer is very useful. A turn off timer helps you use the fan at night. Instead of letting the fan run overnight, an off timer lets you dictate when the fan should turn off for more significant savings.
An on-timer is equally beneficial as it allows you to set your fan to start working when you are close to your home. With a turn on the timer, you can save costs as you won’t have to leave your fan working all day.
What Are The Advantages Of a Tower Fan?
- Fits in a variety of spaces
- Safe to use around children
What Are The Shortcomings Of Tower Fans?
- They are not very powerful
- Most have a short durability
- Cannot function as an air conditioner replacement
Now that you know the advantages, shortcomings, and what to look for in tower fan, it is time to look at some of the best tower fans you should consider. All units in this review come with top features that make it easy to operate and use.
Top 10 Best Tower Fan with Remote Control Reviews
1. Lasko 4930 High-Velocity Tower Fan
The 4930 tower model is a top Lasko high velocity fan with useful features that make it easy to use and effective for home and office cooling. It comes with three powerhouse speeds of the low, medium, and high speeds for a cool breeze around your home. This high-velocity blower fan has a streamlined tower body that makes it part of your home décor for a harmonious appearance.
It further ensures that you get cool air where you need it. The directional louvers let you direct the air up or down while the oscillation feature enables you to distribute the air and cool the room.
The remote control comes in handy in adjusting the timer, fan speed, and oscillation from a distance. A built-in timer shuts down the fan automatically for more significant savings.
- It lets you customize the direction of the airflow
- Easy to operate thanks to remote control and LED display
- It is painless to carry-around with a built-in handle
- It produces audible noise on high speeds
2. TaoTronics Tower Fan
This TaoTronics tower fan hands you control over the airflow. It comes with three powerful modes, sleep, natural and high, and three fan speeds, low, medium, and high, providing nine unique settings for custom airflow to your room. Also, it further offers a wider coverage thanks to the 65-degree oscillating fan that distributes air with a velocity of 20-feet, increasing airflow for quick cooling.
It has an innovative tower design that allows you to place it anywhere in your home. An LED display and remote control make turning on and off and changing settings effortless as you do not have to be next to the unit to make changes.
The unit has an ETL-certified bladeless fan that gives you peace of mind when used around children. The narrow fence means that it will not endanger your children while the fused safety plug protects them from power surges and over-voltage.
- It offers greater airflow customization
- Safe to use around children
- Provides quick cooling
- It offers quiet operation
- It is very tall
3. Lasko 2535 Pedestal Tower Fan
Three quiet, energy-efficient speeds make Lasko 2535 fan a multi-purpose unit ideal for kitchen, bedroom, living room, or home office. It is quiet, yet a powerful fan that offers exceptional cooling breeze throughout the room. The 2535 Lasko high velocity fan comes with directional louvers and widespread oscillation that lets you customize the airflow based on your needs.
You should turn the oscillation on to distribute the air sideways or the directional louvers to push the air up or down. The unit has an adjustable stand that you can alter for enhanced airflow customization.
The Lasko 2535 has a built-in timer that automatically shuts off the fan after the selected time. The timer lets you choose between half an hour and seven and a half hours with an increment of half an hour.
- It lets you customize the direction of airflow
- Multiple turn-off timer options for greater flexibility
- Powerful, silent fan
- It has a flexible, adjustable stand
- It makes a clicking noise while oscillating
4. Lasko 2511 Tower Fan
This 2511 Lasko tower fan uses three whisper-quiet speeds to offer smooth, consistent airflow. It has an attractive design that makes suitable for different rooms, whether bedroom, living room, or home office. The widespread oscillation feature gives you the power to change the direction of airflow.
Turning the oscillation feature allows the fan to push the air sideways for enhanced air distribution, ensuring quick cooling. A built-in timer that works in an increment time of one hour lets you choose the duration the fan should work.
You can set the fan to turn off between one and seven hours. A remote control enables you to turn the unit on and off and make the necessary changes from the comfort of your sofa or bed.
- It has a space-saving design for convenience
- It offers greater automatic shut off flexibility
- The blow is not powerful for large spaces
5. Pelonis 40-inch FZ10–10JRH Pedestal Tower Fan
The FZ10-10JRH is a three-speed fan that enables you to customize your cooling options and breeze needs for the maximum comfort during the hot days. It is highly energy-efficient, ensuring perfect living conditions with a spike in your utility costs.
The oscillating feature makes it easy and quick to cool your home by changing the airflow to suit your current needs. It is not noisy, operating at 45db on low settings, which means that you can use it in your bedroom. The LED display and remote control make turning it on and off and changing settings effortlessly.
You do not need to walk to the unit to make changes or even turn it off. It has a removable back cover for painless cleaning. The fan has an attractive tower design that complements your overall home decor. It is safe to use around children thanks to a compact design and built-in overheat protection that turns off the switch once the motor overheats.
- It has an eye-catching design
- Safe to use around children
- It is easy to assemble and use
- The airflow is not powerful enough for big spaces
6. Pelonis FZ10-19JR 36-inch Tower Fan
The Pelonis FZ10-19JR features three speeds, high, medium, and low and three modes, sleep, natural and normal for a custom breeze. A 7-hour timer offers flexibility as you can set the fan to switch off after some time, which is beneficial during bedtime.
It comes with an LED display and remote control, making it easy to operate and change settings. The display features a 30s screen auto-off that minimizes the disturbance caused by light when trying to sleep. A built-in carry handle improves portability for effortless transportation around the home.
- It is safe for use in children room
- It automatically switches off at the set time
- The screen auto-off feature minimizes the disturbance at night
- The air blow is not the strongest for large spaces
7. Honeywell HYF290B Tower Fan
Honeywell HYF290B tower fan is an eight-speed fan that gives your home the feel of a spring breeze throughout your home on the hottest day. Despite being highly effective, the fan features quiet set technology that gives you control over the sound and cooling options.
It has an innovative design with a nest at the back that functions as the storage for remote control, ensuring that you do not misplace it. This Honeywell fan comes with multiple fans that help increase efficiency and reduce the cost of cooling.
- It has an eye-catching display that complements a room décor
- It has a nest for remote control storage
- The plastic base does not feel very sturdy
8. AmazonBasics Oscillating Tower Fan
This AmazonBasics tower fan is functional for bedrooms, living rooms, workspaces, and any other indoor space that needs airflow. It is more powerful than a normal fan, making it ideal for medium and large areas.
The tower fan has three modes, sleep, natural and normal, and three speeds that let you tailor the airflow to meet your room needs. An LED control and a remote control feature make it easy to switch the unit on/off and make the necessary changes for optimal performance.
- It offers a strong air blow that cools larger rooms
- Highly energy efficient
- It is sturdy and durable
- The assembly instructions are a bit complicated
9. Air Choice 43-Inch Tower Fan
The 43-inch tower fan by Air Choice lets you cool your home with an imaginative fan. It is pleasing to the eye, adding the beauty of your home.
The tower is highly functional, blowing air up to a distance of 16 feet without being loud. It is perfect for large spaces. The fan has a 70-degree wide-angle air supply function that offers wide coverage of cool air for quick cooling.
- It has a highly attractive design
- It delivers air for a distance of up to 16 feet
- It uses a bladeless design that makes it safe around children
- It is expensive compared to other tower fans
10. TaoTronics TT-TF002 36-Inch Tower Fan
The TT-TF002 TaoTronics is a top-end fan that will keep your room comfortable and also act as a center of attraction. It has an innovative design that will complement the decor of any room.
It further features an automatic fan mode that runs when the temperature is above 75-degree Fahrenheit and shuts off when it is less than 75-degree Fahrenheit. The LED display turns off automatically after 30 seconds in sleep mode, making it ideal for bedrooms. It further comes with a 12-hour programmable timer that offers greater flexibility.
- The LED display turns off after 30 seconds in sleep mode
- It has an automatic mode
- It is safe for use in children rooms
- It is not the cheapest
A tower fan with remote is a stylish, functional unit that helps you to cool your home without worrying about the surge in utility costs. They are also highly affordable, as they come in a wide array of budgets.
However, it is necessary to ensure that you have the best unit for your home needs. The tower fans in this guide come with innovative features like remote control and LED display that makes cooling your home effortless.