Tracfone, a well-known cellular service provider, has been assisting individuals all across the country in making their lives more resourceful and productive via the use of the Internet. Tracfone is the most trusted telecommunications provider in the United States. Aside from different phone plans, they continually strive to deliver more convenient services to their consumers.
The firm has also begun to provide several innovative services that are specifically geared toward low-income customers. The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) created one of them, the Emergency Broadband Benefit program. The interim EBB was terminated in December 2021, and the FCC established the new Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). ACP candidates began receiving the same advantages as EBB applicants in March 2022.
The government has offered cheap or free internet service to enable individuals to gain access to the internet. The Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) is a scheme that will help citizens with their digital money difficulties. Customers who use this service will receive a free monthly internet connection as well as other incentives. Let’s go through this more.
What Exactly is The Tracfone Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB)
Tracfone is a well-known prepaid cell phone company. This company’s creative initiatives are still going strong. As part of the Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB), they are offering a $100 discount on a device. This implies that Tracfone customers can get a one-time discount of up to $100 when purchasing a tablet, smartphone, and laptop. However, as part of the FCC’s co-pay rules; you will be required to contribute $10 to $15 toward the purchase.
Eligible Tracfone customers can get free cellular service with unlimited talk and text with this Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB). So that family members may continue their schooling, jobs, businesses, and overall contact via unrestricted internet access. There are various plans that provide limitless data; however, the amounts vary depending on the plan.
The government implemented the Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) for low-income households. The good news is that if you are enrolled in the Lifeline program or any other government-sponsored program, you are already eligible for this service.
Who Qualifies for Tracfone Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB)
This initiative is a ray of light for many low-income folks who are trying to make ends meet. Anyone can apply for this benefit, but they must meet certain FCC requirements. If your income has been depleted below the margin threshold, you can also qualify for the Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB).
To be eligible for the Tracfone Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB), you must fulfill the following conditions;
- If you are a qualifying participant in the Federal Lifeline Program.
- The overall household income should be less than 200 percent of the federal poverty limits.
- If your household’s annual income is under the FCC standards for 2022. For example, a person in Alaska should have a maximum income of $32,100, whereas in Hawaii, it is $29,600. In Alaska, the median household income is $54,899, whereas in Hawaii it is $50,500.
- If you are eligible for the free and reduced-price lunch program.
- If you have had a significant job loss since February 29, 2020, or if you have proof of a furlough notice.
- Meet the qualifying requirements for low-income or COVID-19 front-liners.
- If you are a current recipient of a Federal Pell Grant.
Not just these but tribal Benefit programs refer to the EBB’s eligibility. They are as follow:
- General Assistance from the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA)
- TANF tribal (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families)
- Tribal Advantage (only those households can meet income-qualifying standards)
- Indian Reservation Food Distribution Program.
The primary motivation for the federal government’s benefits program is to reduce the stress that comes with job loss or forced absence.
You must submit an eligibility request together with the appropriate paperwork as a household. Tracfone customers are usually eligible for the Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) if they fall under the federal government’s low-income threshold. Or households that are already receiving government assistance such as SNAP, Lifeline, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA), or any other government-sponsored program.
How to Apply for Tracfone Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB)
After properly validating your eligibility, you must apply online via the website. You must complete the forms and submit basic information. You will also need to call Tracfone in order to select a data plan or service plan. The following application processes are available:
If you are unable or choose to circumvent the online application procedure, you can call Tracfone to apply for the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). Tracfone employees are always available to assist you with the application.
You may apply directly on the Lifeline website. Following the procedures, you will enter the necessary information here. Don’t be shy; it’s simple and just takes a few minutes. After completing the application procedure, you must call Tracfone and inform them of the service plan you wish to utilize.
You can get a copy of the application. They will send you a copy to print on paper. Fill out the form with the relevant information and submit it to the following address, together with copies of the appropriate documents that were required in the form.
What Documents are Required for Tracfone EBB Program Applications
When applying for Tracfone Emergency Broadband Benefit services, many documentation and prerequisites are required. They differ depending on which criteria your home comes under. Here are the details:
- Income verification paperwork, such as tax returns, is required for households with 135 percent or less revenue based on the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- If you have been fired or laid off, please submit a copy of your termination letter, dissolution paperwork, or any documentation of your unemployment notification.
- A document proving participation is necessary for persons receiving federal assistance program such as Supplemental Security Income, Medicaid, Public Housing Assistance, or an affiliate of the Veterans and Survivors Pension program.
- No further proof is required if your household member is a member of the FCC’s Lifeline Service. Being a part of this specialized program instantly qualifies you to apply as an EBB recipient.
- Emancipated minors must be at least eighteen years old and produce court paperwork or certificates establishing emancipation.
- Recipients of Tribal Specific Programs only need to present member IDs or other proof of membership, such as letters.
The Bottom Line
Why wouldn’t you go for it if you are qualified for the federal government assistance services? While the epidemic is causing hardship for millions of Americans who have lost their jobs, the endeavor can help to lessen the communication challenges that come with abrupt unemployment. So, don’t be afraid to call Tracfone to take advantage of this offer. Continue your virtual actions and best wishes for a brighter future.
Millions of Americans have struggled to preserve their normal way of life, where access to the internet should be the most important right. However, it is difficult for people who have lost their jobs or have seen their income dwindle. Despite the fact that worldwide internet usage is expanding dramatically, many inhabitants of the nation find it difficult to handle.