The Tracfone Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) program was a temporary program that provided eligible households with a discount on their monthly broadband service during the COVID-19 pandemic. The program ended on December 31, 2021, but was replaced by the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) on January 1, 2022.
Who is eligible for the Tracfone Affordable Connectivity Program?
To be eligible for the Tracfone ACP, you must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Your household income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- You participate in certain government assistance programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid, or WIC.
- You received a Federal Pell Grant in the current year.
- You have a child who receives a free or reduced-price lunch at school.
How to Apply for the Tracfone ACP Program
To apply for the Tracfone ACP program, you can visit the Tracfone website or call 1-833-333-9227. You will need to provide the following information:
- Your name and address
- Your income information
- Proof of eligibility, such as a tax return or government benefits award letter
Once you have submitted your application, Tracfone will review it and determine if you are eligible for the program. If you are approved, you will receive a notification in the mail.
Benefits of the Tracfone ACP Program
The Tracfone ACP program offers a number of benefits to eligible households, including:
- Reduced monthly broadband internet bills
- Increased access to broadband internet service
- Improved educational and employment opportunities
- Enhanced connectivity with family and friends
Tips for Saving Money on Your Broadband Internet Bill
In addition to the Tracfone ACP program, there are a number of other ways to save money on your broadband internet bill. Here are a few tips:
- Shop around for the best deals. There are a number of different broadband internet providers available, and each one offers different plans and prices. Be sure to compare the different plans before you choose one.
- Bundle your services. Many broadband internet providers offer discounts to customers who bundle their internet service with other services, such as TV or phone service.
- Ask about promotions and discounts. Broadband internet providers often offer promotions and discounts to new customers and existing customers who switch plans. Be sure to ask your provider about any current promotions or discounts.
- Use a prepaid internet plan. Prepaid internet plans can be a good option for budget-minded consumers. With prepaid internet plans, you pay for the data that you use upfront. This can help you to avoid overage charges.
How much money can I save with the Tracfone Affordable Connectivity Program?
The Tracfone ACP provides eligible households with a discount of up to $30 per month on their broadband service. If you qualify for both the ACP and the Lifeline program, you can receive a total discount of up to $75 per month.
How do I use the Tracfone Affordable Connectivity Program with Tracfone?
Once you have signed up for the Tracfone ACP, you can redeem your discount with Tracfone by logging into your account and entering your ACP voucher code. You can also call Tracfone customer service to redeem your discount.
The Tracfone ACP program is a great way for eligible households to save money on their broadband internet service. If you are struggling to afford broadband internet, be sure to check out the Tracfone ACP program.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Does Tracfone work with the ACP program?
Yes, Tracfone works with the ACP program. Eligible households can receive a discount of up to $30 per month on their Tracfone service.
What is the Tracfone Lifeline program?
The Tracfone Lifeline program provides a discount of up to $9.25 per month on Tracfone service to eligible households. To qualify for the Lifeline program, your household income must be at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
How to get a free month of Tracfone?
There are a few ways to get a free month of Tracfone service. One way is to sign up for the Lifeline program. Another way is to purchase a Tracfone phone and prepaid plan that includes a free month of service. You can also sometimes find promotional offers for free months of Tracfone service.
Is Tracfone being discontinued?
No, Tracfone is not being discontinued. Tracfone is a popular prepaid wireless carrier that has been in business for many years.
Is SafeLink and Tracfone the same thing?
SafeLink is a government-subsidized wireless service that is provided by Tracfone. SafeLink is available to eligible low-income households.
What network does TracFone SafeLink use?
TracFone SafeLink uses the Verizon network.