The plans for providing a True Wireless Free Phone to every eligible member of the Lifeline Program had long been in the works. When the plans finally came to fruition, many struggling households took the news with great excitement.
In 1985, the Federal Government initiated the Lifeline Support Program to enable low-income households to receive phone services at no cost.
The introduction of wireless cell phones was a game-changer in the communication industry. Many people switched from landlines to wireless phones due to their convenience. As a result, many companies started collaborating with the government to provide free wireless phones through the Lifeline Program.
True Wireless also came into the picture to offer wireless services to the people of Oklahoma. They have also expanded their reach so people in Texas, Rhode Island, Arkansas and Maryland can receive their services.
Why You Should Apply For The True Wireless Free Phone
There is a reason why the Lifeline Program is expanding fast and why you should apply for a Wireless Free Phone. True Wireless has made it its purpose to provide low-income Americans with high-quality wireless service at no cost.
Besides getting a free phone, there are many other perks that you stand to benefit from if you choose True Wireless as your service provider. First of all, the application process is very straightforward, even for a beginner. Unlike most application processes, you will not encounter any hidden charges as you go.
You’re also free to look for a different provider who offers more competitive rates and services anytime you feel like you’re not getting any value from True Wireless. This is because any contract does not bind you.
Lastly, the time it takes to be approved for the True Wireless free phone program if you meet all the criteria for receiving assistance from the government is very short. This will be important when you need a free phone and service urgently, e.g., after losing your job.
How To Check Your Eligibility For The True Wireless Free Phone
Tough economic times prompted the government to come to the rescue of low-income households, who were the first to feel the pinch. They have been able to do this by partnering with various companies to provide assistance programs in many departments such as communication, health, food, and transport.
To qualify for assistance in the communication department, you have to meet several criteria set in place by the Federal government in its Lifeline Program. This is to ensure that only people who are in dire need of assistance get it. The two most important checks for eligibility are:
1. Income-based eligibility
This criterion specifies that any household enrolling for assistance should have earned less than 135% of the formulated Poverty guidelines.
2. Government assistance program participation
You have to be enrolled in one of the government assistance programs we’ll mention below, to prove that you need a True Wireless free phone. They include:
- Medicaid: Medicaid came into play to insure the health of low-income households. Through this program, many Americans can afford quality healthcare at no cost.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program: This program provides food vouchers to millions of households to help them purchase the food they need for their nutrition. Each household can receive more than $100 per month; to spend in select stores.
- Supplemental Security Income Program: Many senior citizens and people living with disabilities have no means of earning an income to sustain themselves. The SSI program gives them the funding they require to cater to their basic needs.
- Federal Public Housing Assistance: One of the basic needs is shelter, but it is also one of the most expensive. That’s why this program has done its level best to subsidize the cost of housing for low-income households.
- Veterans Pension and Survivor’s Benefit: Families of war veterans can get relief for their loved ones who passed away in their line of duty. Any war vet who has served also stands to qualify for government assistance.
Application Process For A True Wireless Free Phone
Applying for a True Wireless Free Phone is not a hard task. Just follow the steps we’ll mention before, and you will be good to go:
- Confirm your eligibility for the True Wireless Free Phone assistance program. To do this, you will be required to provide documents that prove your income is below the threshold set by the federal government. A good example is an income statement. Alternatively, you can produce a document that shows you are enrolled in an assistance program, such as a Medicaid card.
- Search for the True Wireless Company in your State. Evaluate whether they’re the right company for you by looking at the phone and services. If you like their services, then proceed to the next step.
- Go to the company’s website and fill in a form to complete your application. It is important to note that you need to give out the right information that can be easily verified. Mail the company you filled out an application form if you haven’t already submitted it online.
- You should attach all the documents that support your application before sending them to True Wireless.
- The final step is getting your new True Wireless Free Phone. All applications typically take less than three weeks before your phone can be mailed to you.
Some of Top True Wireless Free Phones
If the lifeline program is available in your state and you have confirmed that you meet the specified criteria, the next step is to pick a good phone. Here are some of the phones True Wireless offers for free or at a small fee:
1. Sony Xperia 1
Sony is known for making long-lasting phones, and the Xperia 1 is no exception. Let’s dive into some of its features:
- The Xperia 1 has a 6.5-inch screen protected from damage or scratches by gorilla glass 6.
- It also has an aluminum frame to prevent any accidental damages from occurring.
- This phone comes with an Android 9 OS and an Adreno 640 GPU for ultra-performance. Combined, they make this phone operate seamlessly regardless of its use.
- The internal memory consists of a 64GB ROM and 6GB RAM. You can store and retrieve your pictures and documents very fast.
- For powering this phone, you have a non-detachable Li-Ion battery with a capacity of 3330 mAh. You don’t have to wait for hours to fully charge since it is fast charging enabled.
2. Samsung Galaxy S9
The Samsung Galaxy S9 is as sleek as they come. A lot of phones will struggle to match their performance and display capabilities. Here are some of its features:
- This phone has a 5.8-inch screen with gorilla glass to enhance its strength. The Samsung Galaxy S9 has one of the best resolutions in the game, so all your videos and images will be of high quality.
- Like the Xperia 1, it has a 64GB ROM but a slightly smaller, 4GB RAM. However, this does not affect its performance as it is still fast.
- For taking crisp photos, you have a single 12MP back camera. The front camera consists of a dual 8MP and 2MP camera with an iris scanner for people who love selfies.
- You have a USB Type-C 3.1 for transferring data and charging the phone. The 3000 mAh Li-Ion battery will ensure that you mostly use your USB for transferring data as it drains slowly.
Even though True Wireless only operate in a few states, they still strive to provide their consumers with top-of-the-range phone services. If you’re eligible for a free government phone and don’t know which service provider to pick, you can contact True Wireless. Hopefully, this guide has elaborated everything you need to know about them.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
When you lose your phone, you should first contact True Wireless and explain to them how it happened. This will help True Wireless prevent anyone from using your account. It will also help them determine whether you will need a replacement.
True Wireless has three major plans that it offers its consumers. The first one is a Casual plan priced at $5 per month. In addition, you’re given 1000 minutes of talk time and a data package of 50 MB. The second plan is the social plan. It will set you back by $25 and consists of a data package of 250 MB and unlimited talk time. The last one is the Entertainment plan, which costs $50 and is suited for people who do heavy browsing.
Yes, you can. However, you will need to inform your previous service provider and explain your reasons for quitting their service. They will initiate the process of switching you to True Wireless.