Are you unable to purchase a new phone due to your current financial situation? An American Assistance free phone may be the best choice for you. You can get this free phone from the American Broadband and Telecommunications Company through the American Assistance program.
This program was initiated with the sole purpose of providing free phones and plans to people from impoverished backgrounds. It is also financed by the Federal Government’s Universal Service Fund. Although American Assistance offers free phones, you must meet the eligibility criteria laid out for you to qualify for one.
American Assistance provides customers with a range of remarkable devices for free. However, they are usually in limited supply, so they are offered on a first-come-first-serve basis. This post will show you how to get a free cell phone with no deposit and no activation fee from American Assistance.
- Participation In Government Assistance Programs Documents
- Identification Documents
- Documents That Show You Have A Low Income
Why You Should Join American Assistance
There are many reasons why you should consider getting an American Assistance free phone. Below are some of the major ones:
- American Assistance does not carry out any credit checks before they offer you a free phone. You can still apply for a free phone even with a bad credit rating if you meet all the prerequisite criteria.
- There are no long-term contracts. American Assistance does not oblige you to get into long-term contracts with them before giving you a free phone, unlike other Lifeline providers. This will give you the flexibility to switch between carriers to get a better deal.
- You do not have to pay any activation fees or leave any deposit to get your free phone.
- There are no hidden charges. You will not incur any extra costs if you get a free phone and plan from American Assistance. This will help you to save on costs. The only time you will need to spend is when purchasing plan add-ons or upgrading your phone
Prerequisites For An American Assistance Free Phone
Every Lifeline provider offering free government phones usually has a set of guidelines you are required to satisfy before applying for one. American Assistance is not any different. Some of the fundamental requirements include:
1. Enrollment In A Government Assistance Program
You can qualify for an American Assistance free phone if you or a member of your household is enrolled in any one of the government-assistance programs below:
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program(SNAP)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations(FDPIR)
- Veterans Pension or Survivors Pension
- Tribal Head Start
- Tribally Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families(Tribal TANF)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance(FPHA)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance (BIA)
2. Low Income
To get a free phone from American Assistance, the gross yearly earnings of your household/family should not surpass 135% of the Poverty Threshold set by the government.
Documents You Need To Get An American Assistance Free Phone
If you meet all of the eligibility criteria set by American Assistance, the next thing would be to provide copies of documents that show it. Below is a complete list of documents that are required:
Participation In Government Assistance Programs Documents
These documents show that you are enrolled in a Lifeline Assistance program. Producing a copy of any of them will make you eligible for an American Assistance free phone.
- Documents that prove you participate in the Supplemental Security income program include a social security statement of benefits and a benefits check stub.
- You can provide a SNAP award letter or a Food Stamp Benefit Card to show that you’re a SNAP member.
- For Medicaid, you’ll need to show your Medicaid ID card.
- Federal Public Housing Assistance participants will need to produce the following documents: an FPHA award letter, a section 8 voucher, or an FPHA Lease Agreement.
- Documents that show you’re a member of the Veterans pension or Survivors’ pension include a Veterans Pension Grant Letter, Survivors Pension Benefit Summary Letter, and Veterans Pension COLA Adjustment Letter.
There are many documents that can prove your identity. You should ensure that they are not fake and are valid before producing them. Here are all the Identification documents that American Assistance accepts:
- A US Passport
- A Certificate of US Citizenship
- Identification Card from the Military
- Driver’s License
- Unemployment Compensations Statement with your Social Security Number
- A Permanent Resident Card
- A Certificate of Naturalization
- A Weapons Permit with your Social Security Number
- A US Government Identity Card
- A State Identity Card
Documents That Show You Have A Low Income
You will have to provide documentation to show that your financial situation is dire and you need assistance. Some relevant documents include:
- An Income Statement from your current employer
- The immediate previous year’s Federal Tax Return
- A Child Support Award Letter
- An Unemployment Compensation Statement of Benefits
- Paycheck stubs
- A Veterans Administration Statement of Benefits
It is important to note that only copies of your documents are required, not the originals. You can scan the documents or take clear pictures before attaching them to your online application.
Applications Process For American Assistance Free Phone
You can apply for an American Assistance free phone by following the simple steps outlined below:
- Step 1: Assemble all the documents mentioned above, I.e. Identification Documents, Government Assistance Participation Documents, and Low-Income Proof Documents.
- Step 2: Take a photo of each document. Ensure that all the details on the documents can be seen clearly and nothing is obstructed. Save the file on your computer in JPG, PDF, PNG, or GIF format.
- Step 3: Fill out an application form on the American Assistance Registration Page.
- Step 4: Upload the copies of your documents text to 877-211-3705. Alternatively, you can mail them to the following address: American Assistance, One Seagate, Suite 600, Toledo, OH 43604
Best Free Phones At American Assistance
There are a couple of free phones that American Assistance offers its eligible customers. The type and model of phone you get will depend on its availability, given that many people apply for them. These are some of the top phones:
1. Sky Devices-Platinum 4.0
This American Assistance free phone is a basic smartphone. While it might not have the performance capabilities of some of the high-end devices in the market, it will still serve its purpose. The Sky Devices Platinum 4.0 comes with a 4-inch screen with 480 by 800 pixels clarity. It will allow you to perform every task on your phone with ease.
This phone functions uses a powerful operating system of delivering top speeds even when you are browsing heavily. Its 5MP back camera is pretty impressive for a basic phone. There is a 1300mAh battery that can last 150 hours on standby time.
2. NUU Mobile-A1
The NUU Mobile A1 is one of the best standard phones offered to customers for free by American Assistance. It consists of an 8GB internal memory and 512MB of RAM. Like the last phone on this list, it also comes with a Quad-core processor that can enable you to load apps comfortably.
This phone has a solid build with a screen that is 4 inches in size. You also have an Android 5.1 operating system for running various phone functions. Finally, its 2MP back camera will come in handy anytime you want to take pictures.
3. Vortex-Beat 8
Lastly, we have the Vortex-Beat 8. This entry-level free phone offers a variety of features. To start with, it has a detachable battery with a capacity of 1300mAh. This makes it easy to replace the battery yourself whenever it spoils.
The Vortex Beat 8 comes with 500MB RAM and internal storage of 8GB. This is just enough to store your contacts, documents, and a few other files. Its back camera has a capacity of 5.0MP, while its front camera is 2.0MP.
This phone has a superb display and an elegant design. Additionally, it supports Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Edge, and GPRS, to mention a few. It also comes with a 5mm jack for people who love to listen to music and plug in their headphones.
Activating An American Assistance Free Phone
If your application is reviewed and accepted, you will receive an American Assistance free phone and an activation package. Here’s how you should proceed:
- Take out the phone and the activation package from the box
- Carefully insert the SIM card into the phone’s SIM slot
- Contact American Assistance Customer Service Representatives at 877-211-3705. They will give you instructions on how to activate your phone
- Your phone should be activated shortly
Confirm whether the whole process was successful by calling or texting. If you can manage to do both, then the procedure was successful. The vice-versa is also true.
What To Do If Your American Assistance Phone Is Lost, Damaged Or Stolen
It is completely normal to lose your phone through theft or misplacement or to damage it accidentally. But what can you do once this happens? The best thing to do is contact American Assistance and inform them.
Informing American Assistance is crucial since they will immediately suspend your account to prevent anyone from misusing it. Furthermore, they will advise you on the appropriate cause of action to get a replacement. You may be charged a small fee for this service.
Where Else Can You Get A Free Phone If You Don’t Qualify For One From American Assistance
If you can’t get an American Assistance free phone because you don’t reside in a state where they offer their service, you can opt for a different Lifeline Provider near you. However, if you do not meet the eligibility criteria for the American Assistance Lifeline, it will be impossible for you to get a free phone from any other Lifeline provider.
Instead, you can search for Wireless Service Providers that offer free phones when you sign a long-term contract with them. These providers enable you to own a high-end phone without paying any down payment. However, you will be required to pay monthly installments to offset the cost of the phone.
You can also look for phone giveaways from online stores or other platforms. Moreover, many generous people all over social media are willing to give out their old devices once they have no more use for them.
Getting a suitable Wireless Service Provider that offers free government phones can be such a daunting task. However, American Assistance has simplified the application process for a free phone so long as you meet the eligibility criteria.
Aside from that, they also offer exceptional services with a customer support team on-call round the clock. Just head to their site and begin your application for a free phone.
- How to Get Free Cell Phone Service Without Paying
- How to Get Tracfone Wireless Free Government Phone
- How To Get A Standup Wireless Free Phone