Boost Mobile Free internet enables low-income families to meet their professional, social, and educational needs. Every month, eligible households get a discount on their internet bills, which translates to a free service.
The mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) provides free internet service through the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). Therefore, applicants must meet the ACP eligibility criteria to qualify for the discount.
- 1. Annual Income Below 200% of Federal Poverty Guidelines
- 2. Benefit from Lifeline Assistance
- 3. Benefit from a Lifeline-Assistance-Eligible Program
- 4. Benefit from the School Free Lunch Program
- 5. Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Nutrition Program
- 6. Federal Pell Grant
- 1. Identity Verification Documents
- 2. Address Verification Documents
- 3. Federal Assistance Verification Documents
- 4. Income Verification Documents
- Boost Mobile is a mobile virtual network operator with no-contract deals for people moving from other networks.
- Boost Mobile free internet plans are available courtesy of a $30 ACP discount or $75 on Tribal Lands.
- To qualify for the ACP, you need an annual income under 200% of poverty guidelines or to participate in a government assistance program.
- Application for the ACP discount is via the ACP website, main-in application, the Boost Mobile website, or sales agents.
- The ACP discount can cover all Boost Mobile phone/internet plans, allowing you to get free internet.
How Can I Get Boost Mobile Free Internet Via the ACP
The ACP or Affordable Connectivity Program is a Federal government initiative that provides low-income families with affordable or accessible internet. It was launched on December 31, 2021, replacing the Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB), which provided free internet to those who lost income due to Covid-19.
After enrolling into the ACP, eligible families get $30 off their monthly internet plan. You’ll get free services if your internet plan is $30 or less. Otherwise, you may have to top up the difference, which is usually negligible, out of pocket.
Tribal Lands residents get $75 off their internet plans. Unlike people in other areas, these individuals stand higher chances of enjoying free internet from Boost Mobile.
You may qualify for the ACP discount by having an annual income up to a certain amount or participating in a government assistance program. The following is a comprehensive discussion of the ACP eligibility criteria:
1. Annual Income Below 200% of Federal Poverty Guidelines
Is your annual household income below 200% of the poverty guidelines? You can find out by aggregating what each household member earns and comparing it with the 2022 poverty guidelines. The income limit depends on the number of members of the household and your residence.
The following is a detailed outline of the 2022 Federal Poverty Guidelines and the corresponding ACP income limits in different states in America:
Federal Poverty Guidelines and ACP Income Limits for 48 States and the District of Columbia
|No. of persons in a family or household||2022 Federal Poverty Guidelines||ACP income thresholds (200% of poverty guideline)|
|Each additional household member||$4,720||$9,440|
Most states, including the District of Columbia, have similar poverty guidelines. If you live in any of these states and are in a two-member household, you would need an income below $36,620 to qualify for the ACP discount. Once you add a member, the income limit increases by $9,440. That means that a three-member household needs an income under $46,060 to get the ACP discount.
2022 Federal Poverty Guidelines and ACP Income Limits for Alaska
|No. of persons in a family or household||2022 Federal poverty guideline||ACP Income thresholds (200% of poverty guideline)|
|Each additional household member||$5,900||$11,800|
Residents of Alaska use a completely different set of poverty guidelines, making their ACP income limits different from those in the rest of the nation. For instance, a two-member household in Alaska needs an income below $45,780 compared to $36,620 in the rest of the nation. Therefore, it is more difficult to qualify for the ACP in Alaska than elsewhere in the United States.
Once the household changes to three members, the annual income limit increases by $11,800 to $57,580. You can get the ACP discount with an annual household income below that. The same replicates with each additional member of the household.
2022 Federal Poverty Guidelines and ACP Income Limits for Hawaii
|No. of persons in a family or household||Poverty guideline||ACP Income Limit (200% of poverty guideline)|
|Each additional household member||$5,430||$10,860|
Hawaii also stands by its ‘island’ tag regarding poverty guidelines. On the island state, a two-member household needs an income below $42,120 to qualify for the ACP compared to the $36,620 national average. Therefore, getting the ACP discount for residents of Hawaii is a little more complex than elsewhere in America, except Alaska.
There is an additional $10,860 for each additional household member, raising the limit to $52,980 for a three-member household. The increment remains constant as the number of family members increases.
2. Benefit from Lifeline Assistance
Lifeline Assistance is another Federal program that provides low-income families with an affordable phone or internet connectivity. It offers a free phone and a $9.25 discount on the monthly phone or internet service. If you live on Tribal Lands, you may get a $34.25 discount if you qualify.
Participation in Lifeline Assistance provides automatic qualification for the ACP. That’s because of the similarity in the eligibility criteria for Lifeline Assistance and the ACP. So, you can get Boost Mobile free internet if you benefit from Lifeline Assistance.
3. Benefit from a Lifeline-Assistance-Eligible Program
Even though you do not participate in Lifeline Assistance, you could meet its eligibility criteria. In that case, you are eligible for free internet from Boost Mobile courtesy of the ACP. The following are some Lifeline-eligible programs that enable you to qualify for the ACP internet discount.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) or Food Stamps
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Tribal Head Start (for households that qualify based on income)
4. Benefit from the School Free Lunch Program
If you have school-going children, the chances are that they participate in the free or reduced-price school lunch program. With documentation proving it, you can enroll for the ACP and get free internet from Boost Mobile. Examples include the school lunch and breakfast programs provided by the USDA (United States Department of Agriculture) to students in community schools.
5. Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Nutrition Program
The Federal Government has a program specifically targeting women, infants, and children with exceptional nutrition. Does any of your household members participate in the program? If so, you should use their documentation to get Boost Mobile’s free internet.
6. Federal Pell Grant
Needy students in universities may get sponsorship for their education from the government via the Federal Pell grant. Therefore, being a beneficiary of the program makes you eligible for the ACP internet discount for Boost Mobile.
How to Get Boost Mobile Free Internet – Ways to Apply
Once you have ascertained your eligibility for the Boost Mobile free internet, you must hand in your application to get it. You may apply for your ACP internet discount in any of three ways as indicated below:
- Application Via the ACP Website: Go to the ACP website and create a new account. After that, you may fill out the ACP online application. This method makes it possible to get immediate approval, even though that’s not always the case.
- Mail-In Application: Do you wish to send in your application via mail? You must go to the ACP website to print out the application form. According to the United Services Administration Company (USAC), you must print the household worksheet and fill it out. Once you have filled out the form and worksheet and attached the necessary documents, submit your application via the following address:
- ACP Support Center
- P.O. Box 7081
- London, KY 40742
- Application Via Boost Mobile: Apply for the ACP discount via the Boost Mobile website after verifying your eligibility via the National Verifier. Alternatively, you may locate the nearest Boost Mobile store, visit them, and request the staff to help you enroll for the ACP.
How to Get Boost Mobile Free Internet – Documents Required
To get Boost Mobile free internet, you must provide specific documents proving your identity, income, address, and participation in government assistance. You can send the documents online as digital copies or via mail as photocopies. Avoid attaching original documents when using physical copies as you may need them later.
The following are some of the documents you must attach to your ACP application:
1. Identity Verification Documents
The first thing you must do is prove that you’re the one applying for the ACP internet discount. You must attach eligible identity documents with your name, age, date of birth, and social security number (SSN).
Make sure you have any of the following identity documents on hand before commencing the application process:
- Birth Certificate
- Permanent Resident Card or Green Card
- A valid Tribal, military, state, or government ID
- U.S. Driver’s License
- Certificate of U.S. Citizenship
- Certificate of Naturalization
- Federal Assistance Program Document
2. Address Verification Documents
Since you’re entering a service contract with Boost Mobile, the company will send mail correspondence from time to time. That’s also true for USAC, the ACP administrator. Therefore, you must provide at least one document verifying your address. It should show where you stay and have the same information you fill out in the application form.
Having any of the following documents is good enough:
- A valid state, Federal, military, or Tribal ID
- Lease or mortgage agreement
- A current utility bill
- Driver’s License
- Tax returns (Tribal, state, or Federal) or the most recent W-2
3. Federal Assistance Verification Documents
The sections above have addressed the eligibility criteria for the ACP, among which is participation in a government assistance program. No one will take your word about meeting this criterion if you do not provide the correct documents.
Whichever document you provide should have the beneficiary’s name, the institution behind it, and the date of issue. Only current documents that won’t expire in more than a year are eligible for use. Here are examples of documents you may attach to your application:
- School documentation
- Approval letter
- Benefit award letter
- Statement of benefits
- Benefit verification letter
4. Income Verification Documents
If you qualify for the Boost Mobile free internet courtesy of your income, you must provide documents proving the same. It should be an official document bearing your name and ascertaining the annual household income.
Depending on how you get your income, any of the following documents would help you verify your income:
- Tax returns (Federal, Tribal, or state) for the previous year
- A pension/retirement benefits statement
- A Social Security benefits statement
- Worker’s Compensation or Unemployment benefits statement
- A current paycheck stub
- Employer income statement
- Veterans Administration benefits statement
- Divorce decree, child support award, or any other official document with annual income
Additionally, emancipated minors must provide documents proving their current status. In that case, a certificate of emancipation or court order would do just fine.
Boost Mobile Free Internet Plans
Can you apply the ACP discount on any Boost Mobile internet plan? Since the ACP grants $30, you’ll get free internet regardless of your chosen plan. The following are some of the cell phone and internet plans currently on offer from Boost Mobile:
- $25 per month for unlimited 4G LTE/5G data, talk, and tests. This is a no-contract arrangement.
- $5 per month for 5GB 4G LTE/5G data plus unlimited talk and texts for the first three months for new customers. This deal is also on a no-contract arrangement.
- $20 monthly for 15GB 4G LTE/5G data plus unlimited talk and texts. The 12-month plan includes a free SIM card on a no-contract basis.
- $25 per month for 5GB 4G LTE/5G data, 5GB hotspot data, and unlimited texts and talk. The no-contract arrangement is for new customers only.
Once approved for the ACP discount, you’ll sign up for a plan. Each qualifying household can only get one phone/internet plan at a time. The good thing is that all the available plans result in free internet with the ACP discount.
The Bottom Line
Now that you know how to get Boost Mobile free internet, why should you continue suffering with expensive internet? Once you get approval for the ACP, you can choose a plan that works for you. The good thing with Boost Mobile is that the ACP discount can cover all their phone/internet plans. Therefore, you won’t have to pay a monthly fee to access the internet.
- How to Get Verizon Affordable Connectivity Program
- Emergency Broadband Benefit Program Xfinity
- How to Get Free Internet Services with Food Stamps