In today’s world, it is impossible to stay without a phone. Unfortunately, you will have to spend a substantial amount to purchase a handset and a significant amount every month to call, text and browse. You can lower the cost of communication by looking for a retailer with affordable prices and exceptional discounts. The family dollar is one of the fastest-growing stores in the US, offering a wide range of goods for the whole family with the family dollar prepaid cell phones being some of the highly sort after devices. The family dollar electronics are not only affordable, but they are from the leading manufacturers and mobile phone companies.
At the store, you can purchase affordable family dollar Verizon phones at great discounts as well as compatible devices that can work with your network. You will also find family dollar prepaid cards that will help you lower your monthly cost of communication. You can purchase prepaid cards for Net10, Tracfone and Simple Mobile at the family dollar stores. The store offers a number of plans ranging from simple mobile prepaid plans that can help you switch your carrier.
The 3 Best Family Dollar Prepaid Cell Phones
1) LG Rebel 4
Released in 2018, the LG Rebel 4 is still a functional phone. It offers everything you need in a mobile phone for entertainment and communication. It features 2GB RAM and 16GB of internal storage that is adequate to enjoy some of the best games and apps from your phone. Although the RAM memory may not be ideal for multitasking, it gives you smooth operation without lags or delays when switching between apps.
The Rebel 4 is powered by Android OS v8.1 and a 2500 mAh battery that gives excellent power management. The phone can give you a full day of power on normal use. A 5-inch display provides an amazing viewing experience with rich details. It is optimized for color accuracy, power consumption, invariable color reproduction and viewing angles.
This LG 4 is a beauty to behold for those who love capturing images. A 5MP front camera gives you the freedom to capture self or group photos without worrying about grayish elements. It captures clear details even in areas with low lighting. The rear camera is equipped with helpful features such as a control system, sensor and ability to focus automatically or on a manually selected point. The rear 8MP camera captures quality images, both outdoors and indoors.
The phone does not lag behind on connectivity. You can use it on a 4G network as it supports 4G/LTE, 3G and 2G compatible networks. It also has a built-in GPS that offers accurate data to support precise navigation irrespective of the weather. It further brings a host of sensors that help to improve user experiences such as accelerometer and proximity sensor.
- 2GB RAM and 16GB ROM
- 2500 mAh battery
- 8MP and 5MP rear and front cameras
- 5-inches IPS display
2) TCL A1
A 2GB RAM powers the TCL A1 giving the phone adequate capacity to handle most daily activities like gaming, streaming and browsing without frustrating lags. It has 16GB of internal storage that gives you enough space to install apps and games. You can expand the storage memory with a microSD card of up to 128GB. The phone is packed with two functional cameras. A front 2MP camera helps you to keep in touch with friends and relatives through video chats. A rear 5MP camera with LED flash enables you to capture decent images. The TCL A1 features Android 8.1 Oreo and a 2200mAh battery that works together for excellent power management.
A 5-inch display gives you a clear view of images and videos. The screen is bright for an immersive reading experience, which makes it ideal for people with hearing impairment as it is compatible with M4/T3 hearing aids. The 2200mAh battery offers up to 540 talk-time minutes and 300 hours of standby time. Although the battery is not big, it offers enough power to last you the whole day.
- 5MP camera
- 5-inch display
- 16GB internal memory
- 2GB RAM
3) Alcatel Flip Phone
This phone is an affordable device that is popular for its features. It is a flip phone that goes against the earlier models that were feature phones as it comes with the features of a smartphone, giving an exceptional user experience. Also, it has good call quality, decent battery life and message features you need. It is a perfect alternative for those who do not like flat screens but would still like to send and receive WhatsApp messages.
The phone has a 1.4-inch small screen on the outside. The screen is colored and offers 128 by 128 resolution that gives it an attractive view. The inner screen is bigger, providing a 2.8-inches display with 320 by 240 resolutions. It has a standard 3.5mm headphone jack and a microSD card slot that supports a memory card of up to 32GB. The phone is lightweight and its small size makes it fit your pockets easily. It can withstand simple knocks and drops.
This flip phone by Alcatel has all connections you need. It supports LTE and 2.4 GHz WI-Fi for all your connection needs. If necessary, the phone can fall back on 3G and 2G to keep you connected in areas without a 4G network. It has a noise-calling element, allowing you to hear clear sounds even in a noisy environment. The phone is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 210 processor that enables decent speeds of between 10 and 20 Mbps LTE speeds.
It features Bluetooth 4.2 connection that gives you wireless connectivity with good quality audio. The battery life is decent, providing hours of talk time. The 1350 mAh battery offers enough power to last a whole day for most people and up to three days of standby time. The phone runs on Kai OS that enables it to run HTML5 apps. You will be able to access Google Maps, Google Assistant, YouTube and KaiOS store. You will be able to install a host of apps from the store, including Facebook, Whatsapp and Twitter, among other health apps.
- 2MP camera
- 1350mAh battery
- 512MB RAM
- 4GB of internal memory
- Mobile hotspot
Learn More: The 8 Best Dollar General Prepaid Cell Phones
Which Are The Best Family Dollar Cell Phone Plans
1) Simple Mobile Prepaid Plans
- The $25 Unlimited Plan: This plan gives you unlimited domestic calls and texts and 3GB of data. It is available in the US and Mexico and offers unlimited global calls to specific countries. You will need to deposit $0.99 per line. If you need an extra line, you will pay $20 per month.
- The $30 Unlimited Plan: The plan lets you enjoy unlimited calls and texts as well as 25-Gig 4G data. You also get a 2GB plus 3GB bonus for every extra line at $25 per month. The plan costs $30 for the first line.
- The $40 Unlimited Plan: For only $40 per month, you will get unlimited text and calls. You will further enjoy fast 10GB plus 5GB bonus data that you can use to create a hotspot. Every additional line will cost you $25.
- The $50 Unlimited Plan: The plan offers unlimited data that you can use to stream videos of 480p. However, you cannot use the data to create a hotspot. It comes with unlimited text and calls. If you need an extra line, you will pay $25.
- The $60 Unlimited Plan: If you use other devices like a laptop to access the internet, the $60 plan gives you 15-gig data for hotspots. You also get unlimited data, texts and calls. An additional line will cost you $25 per month.
2) Net10 Mobile Plans At Family Dollar
- 8GB No-Contract Plan: At only $40 or $36 per month with an auto-refill, you get 8GB of high-speed data that is then slowed upon reaching the limit. You will not pay any overages. The plan also features unlimited nationwide minutes and texts. It does not lock you into a contract and offers several rewards when you switch to the network, purchase add-ons and refer a friend.
- Bring Your Own Phone SIM Kit: If you are only interested in changing your carrier and not your smartphone, you should consider purchasing the bring your own phone triple SIM Kit offer. The kit lets you keep your phone and number without an expensive contract. You get a 3-in-1 SIM that works with most unlocked GSM phones and compatible smartphones. However, you will need to purchase the plans for your phone independently.
3) Tracfone Mobile Plans
- 1GB Data-only Plan: At a family dollar, you can purchase a smartphone data-only card at $10. The card gives you a 1GB 4G LTE data add-on.
- $25 Unlimited Plan: At only $25 per month, you can purchase the Tracfone unlimited text and talk without a contract. The plan also offers you 2GB of high-speed data that you can carry over and thus, you do not have pressure to spend the data.
- $15 Plan: The $15 priced plan gives you 500 talk time and 500 texts for thirty days. The plan further features 500 MB of data that keeps you connected with your loved ones.
- $30 Unlimited Plan: This plan lets you talk and chat endlessly. It features unlimited text and talk as well as 3GB of data with unlimited carryover. The benefits are available without any contract.
- $19 Basic Plan: This plan is an add-on feature that gives you 60 minutes of talk time.
If you are looking for a new phone, the Family Dollar prepaid cell phone lets you enjoy the best network without spending a lot of money. Although you will struggle to find phones that are lower than the Family Dollar price, you will still be able to save more with smart coupons. You will need to clip and view coupons available on the store’s website. The clipped coupons will be applied during the checkout process, where you will need to enter your phone number or scan your app barcode. You will also get a chance to discount your phone further through a spin. You will earn a spin when you checkout with a barcode or a phone number that you can play to reduce the cost of your favorite item.
However, it is worth noting that since Family Dollar is a major store selling different products, you should make sure that the carrier network covers your area before purchasing.