The SafeLink EBB Program is a government-funded program that provides free or discounted wireless service to eligible low-income households. The program is part of the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), which was created to help ensure that all Americans have access to affordable broadband internet.
Eligibility criteria for Safelink Wireless EBB program
To be eligible for the SafeLink EBB Program, you must meet one of the following criteria:
- Participate in the Lifeline program: Lifeline is a government program that provides a monthly discount on phone or internet service for qualified low-income households.
- Have an income at or below 200% of the federal poverty level: The federal poverty level is a measure of the minimum income needed to meet basic needs. It is updated annually based on the cost of living.
- Participate in certain government programs: The following government programs qualify for the SafeLink EBB Program:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Pell Grant
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
- Received a Federal Pell Grant in the current award year: The Federal Pell Grant is a financial aid grant that helps low-income students pay for college.
- Experienced a substantial loss of income since February 29, 2020, due to job loss or furlough: If you have lost your job or been furloughed since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may be eligible for the SafeLink EBB Program.
How To Apply for Safelink EBB Program
There are two ways to apply for the Safelink EBB program:
Here are the steps on how to apply for the SafeLink EBB Program:
- Go to the SafeLink website.
- Click on the “Apply Now” button.
- Create an account or log in to your existing SafeLink account.
- Enter your contact information.
- Enter your income information.
- Upload proof of eligibility.
- Review your application and submit it.
2. By phone
- Call Safelink customer service at 1-800-378-1684. A customer service representative will help you complete the application process and answer any questions you may have.
Proof of eligibility
The following documents can be used as proof of eligibility for the SafeLink EBB Program:
- Lifeline benefit statement
- Income tax return
- Bank statement
- Government program benefit letter
- Pell Grant award letter
- Notice of job loss or furlough
Once you have submitted your application, SafeLink will review it and determine if you are eligible for the program. If you are approved, you will receive a SIM card and activation instructions. You can then activate your new service and start enjoying free or discounted wireless service.
How Can I Check The Status Of Applications
There are two ways to check the status of your Safelink EBB Program application:
- Online: Go to the Safelink website and sign in to your account. Once you are logged in, click on the “My Applications” tab. You will be able to see the status of all of your pending and approved applications.
- By phone: Call Safelink customer service at 1-800-SafeLink (1-800-723-3546). A customer service representative will be able to check the status of your application and provide you with an update.
If your application is still pending, you may need to provide additional information or documentation. Safelink will contact you if they need anything from you.
Once your application is approved, you will receive a confirmation email or letter from Safelink. You will also receive instructions on how to redeem your discount on broadband Internet service and a connected device.
Please note that it may take up to 30 days to process your application. If you have not received a response from Safelink after 30 days, please contact customer service at the number listed above.
Benefits of the Safelink Wireless EBB Program
- Free or discounted wireless service: SafeLink Wireless EBB Program participants can receive free or discounted wireless service, depending on their income and other factors.
- Unlimited talk and text: SafeLink Wireless EBB Program participants receive unlimited talk and text with their wireless service.
- Data: SafeLink Wireless EBB Program participants receive a monthly data allowance with their wireless service. The amount of data varies depending on the state in which the participant lives.
- Hotspot: SafeLink Wireless EBB Program participants receive a monthly hotspot data allowance with their wireless service. The amount of hotspot data varies depending on the state in which the participant lives.
- No contract: The SafeLink Wireless EBB Program is a month-to-month service, so there is no contract required.
In addition to these benefits, the SafeLink Wireless EBB Program can also help participants to:
- Stay connected with loved ones, including those who live far away.
- Access educational resources and online learning platforms.
- Apply for jobs and search for job opportunities.
- Access healthcare information and services.
- Stay connected to important government programs and services.
The SafeLink Wireless EBB Program is a valuable resource for low-income households who need affordable and reliable wireless service.
The SafeLink Wireless EBB Program is a government-funded program that provides free or discounted wireless service to eligible low-income households. The program can help participants to stay connected with loved ones, access educational resources, and apply for jobs. The SafeLink Wireless EBB Program is a valuable resource for low-income households who need affordable and reliable wireless service.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How do I check my SafeLink status?
You can check your SafeLink status by logging in to your My SafeLink account online or by calling SafeLink customer service at 1-800-378-1684.
What is the activation code for SafeLink?
The activation code for SafeLink is the unique code that is printed on your SafeLink SIM card. You will need this code to activate your SafeLink service.
How do I get a new SafeLink phone?
To get a new SafeLink phone, you can either order one online through your My SafeLink account or call SafeLink customer service. You may be eligible for a free or discounted phone if you meet certain requirements.
What are SafeLink plans?
SafeLink offers a variety of wireless plans that include different amounts of minutes, text messages, and data. You can choose the plan that best fits your needs and budget.
How much is SafeLink a month?
SafeLink plans are free for eligible customers. If you are not eligible for free service, you can still get a SafeLink plan for a very reasonable price.
Does SafeLink cost money?
SafeLink is free for eligible customers. If you are not eligible for free service, you will need to pay for your monthly plan. However, SafeLink plans are very affordable.
Why is SafeLink free?
SafeLink is a government-subsidized program that provides free wireless service to low-income households.
What are the benefits of SafeLink?
The benefits of SafeLink include:
- Free or affordable wireless service
- A variety of plan options to choose from
- No contracts or hidden fees
- Nationwide coverage
Who owns SafeLink?
SafeLink is a subsidiary of TracFone Wireless, Inc., which is a subsidiary of América Móvil.
Is SafeLink is a 4G or 5G?
SafeLink offers both 4G and 5G service. The type of service that you receive will depend on your device and the coverage in your area.
Is SafeLink a LifeLine?
Yes, SafeLink is a Lifeline provider. Lifeline is a government program that provides a monthly discount on telephone service to low-income households.