Assist Wireless is a small wireless service provider operating in four states: Maryland, Oklahoma, Missouri, and Arkansas. The company offers cheap wireless plans and good network coverage to customers in these states. You can also get an Assist Wireless EBT phone if you participate in government assistance programs.
What is EBT? Electronic Benefits Transfer(EBT) is a system that enables members of government assistance programs such as SNAP, TANF, and WIC to receive and use their benefits.
Aside from benefits, it may also help you get a free phone from Assist Wireless. However, you will have to apply for the Assist Wireless Lifeline Program first.
This article will discuss the qualification criteria for an Assist Wireless EBT phone, how to apply for one, and the list of devices you can get. Please keep reading to find out more!
- How to Qualify for Assist Wireless EBT Phone
- Documents Needed To Qualify
- How To Apply Assist Wireless EBT Phone
- How To Activate Assist Wireless Phone
- Assist Wireless Bring Your Own Phone Program Guide
- The 5 Best Assist Wireless Compatible Phones
- Perks Of Assist Wireless
- Final Verdict
- Related Articles
- Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)
How to Qualify for Assist Wireless EBT Phone
To qualify for an Assist Wireless EBT phone, you must be enrolled in their Lifeline Assistance program as mentioned above. Some of the guiding criteria for this program include:
You can only be accepted into the Lifeline Assistance program if your gross earnings are not more than 135% of the federal poverty level. This threshold varies from state to state. The Federal Government also revises this guideline yearly, so it is important to confirm before you apply.
2. Assistance Program Eligibility
Several Federal Government assistance programs help struggling individuals to bear the brunch of hard economic times. If you partake in any one of these programs, you may be eligible for an Assist EBT Wireless phone:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program/SNAP
- Supplemental Security Income/SSI
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit program
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance/BIA
- Tribal Head Start
- Food Distribution on Indian Reservations
- Tribally-Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families/Tribal-TANF
- Federal Public Housing Assistance/FPHA
Documents Needed To Qualify
The next thing you need to do is provide the necessary documentation to Assist Wireless for verification. The following sets of documents will be needed:
- Applicants are required to provide documents that show that they qualify for the Lifeline program. These are copies of documents showing your income status and copies of documents showing that you’re enrolled in any of the programs above.
- Any documents you provide to show that you are a participant in one of the government assistance programs must have your name, the Lifeline’s program name, the name of the issuing authority, and the date it was issued.
- You should hand over a document that shows your identity, e.g., a passport or government-issued identity card.
Additionally, you should be ready to provide some personal information to help in the verification process, which includes:
- Your address information. This can either be a temporary or permanent address.
- An applicants social security number
- The number of people in your household benefitting from the Lifeline Program.
- The date you were born
- If you apply for one of the tribal programs, you must show that you reside in any of the Tribal Lands recognized by the Federal Government.
Note: You will be required to inform Assist Wireless within 30 days if your Lifeline expires or you move to a different service provider.
How To Apply Assist Wireless EBT Phone
Applying for an Assist Wireless EBT phone is not a complex task. It can either be done online or manually; however, you will need to follow the procedures below keenly and provide accurate info.
- All the applicants should start from the Assist Wireless application page.
- On this page, choose the ‘enroll now’ option.
- Follow the due process and attach the relevant documents before submitting your application.
If you’re an old dog, you can opt for the manual procedure, which is also very simple:
- Download a Lifeline application form and print it.
- Fill the required info into the form
- Attach copies of the documents mentioned above
- Mail your application to the Assist Wireless Headquarters. The address is: 3030 LBJFreeway, STE 1320 Dallas, TX 75234
You can also walk to your nearest Assist Wireless dealer on the weekdays or call them at 1-855-392-747, and they will help you apply.
How To Activate Assist Wireless Phone
Once you receive your Assist Wireless EBT phone, the next step is to activate it so that you can start using it to make phone calls and text. This is how you can accomplish that:
- Put the battery back in.
- Switch on your phone by long-pressing the red power button
- A prompt will appear asking you to choose your preferred language option by either pressing “1” or “2”.
- Pick any of them, and your phone will be successfully activated.
If you encounter any problem during this whole procedure, you can contact Assist Wireless.
Assist Wireless Bring Your Own Phone Program Guide
The Assist Wireless Bring Your Own Phone program enables new customers to retain their phones when switching to the Assist Wireless network. These are the steps that you should follow if you want to bring your own handset:
- Step 1: Confirm if you meet the prerequisite criteria for the Lifeline Program and if your phone can be used in the program.
- Step 2: Ensure that your phone is unlocked and can be used with any other network.
- Step 3: Find the IMEI number by dialing *#06# and note down it.
- Step 4: Input the IMEI number in the Assist Wireless compatibility check page search bar.
- Step 5: The result will tell if your phone is compatible or not.
Enrolling for the Assist Wireless BYOP makes you eligible for 1GB of free data from Assist Wireless.
The 5 Best Assist Wireless Compatible Phones
There is a long list of phones Assist Wireless compatible phones. Below is a compilation of some of the best:
1. Samsung Galaxy A71
At the top of our list, we have the Samsung Galaxy A71. This device works perfectly with the Assist Wireless network because it has GSM, HSPA, and LTE capabilities. It is elegantly designed with a glass front and a plastic encasing.
One of the standout features of the Samsung Galaxy A71 is its super AMOLED 6.7-inch screen. It not only makes browsing fun but also makes operations more straightforward. You can’t talk about this screen without mentioning its Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protective feature. It shields the phone from external damage.
The powerful processor has made it a fan favorite among many Samsung users. This is because it can run applications in the background while still performing at its best level. Samsung provided a 128GB internal storage to store plenty of data and even added a MicroSD card slot for extra storage. The Samsung Galaxy A71 has a good battery that does not drain quickly.
2. Motorola One 5G 128GB
Motorola can keep up with competitors because of their magnificent phones. The one 5G is a perfect example. It has a 5000 mAh battery which can last you the whole day if fully charged. This battery helps to supply power to its powerful Android 10 operating system and octa-core CP.
Like the previous phone on this list, it features a screen that is 6.7 inches and has a resolution of 1080 by 2520 pixels. This screen might be fragile but will live up to the expectation. A quad camera is mounted at the back and a dual-camera at the front. Both of these cameras take spectacular photos and 4K videos.
Security is usually a significant concern for phone consumers. The Samsung Galaxy A71 has tackled that challenge by adding fingerprint sensors on the sides. A USB Type C 2.0 charging system transfers data and charges the phone.
3. OnePlus 6T
For a phone released back in 2018, the OnePlus 6T is still a very reliable device. It perfectly balances design and functionality. OnePlus 6T boasts a 6.4-inch screen size and a DUAL SIM card slot. You can count on it to deliver maximum processing power since it has an Adreno GPU and an Android 9.0 Pie operating system.
Its internal storage is 128GB which is not expandable using a microSD card slot. Fortunately, 128 GB is enough to hold all the relevant data on your phone. On the other hand, the back camera is dual while the front camera is single.
This phone has several sensors to enhance its functionality. The fingerprint sensor, for example, makes it harder for anyone else to access your phone data once it is stolen or lost. It has a non-detachable 3700 mAh battery with fast charging capabilities
4. Google Pixel 3
The Google Pixel 3 is a beautiful device for android lovers. It has an Android 9 operating system for controlling this phone’s operations. However, if the phone lags frequently, you can upgrade the OS to Android 12.
With a screen that is 5.5 inches, you can play games and chat with your loved ones anytime. Its clarity is 1080 by 2160 pixels. It also has a corning gorilla glass protective feature. The Google Pixel 3 doesn’t have an SD card slot, but it makes up for it with ample internal storage of 128GB.
Design-wise, this phone matches its competitors. Its aluminum frame and glass front give it a sleek design. You have a 2915 mAh Li-Po battery to keep the phone running even when you’re browsing heavily.
There are two cameras on this gadget: a single front camera and a dual back camera. The first camera can record things in 4K and has a clarity of 12.2MP. The second camera has a clarity of 8MP, which is excellent for a front camera.
5. Apple iPhone X
The last phone iPhone X on our list doesn’t need any introductions. This phone looks good on the eye and has an ergonomic design. It has a Nano-SIM and is resistant to water and dust. To add on, it comes with an iOS 11.1.1 which can be upgraded to the latest available version.
This device has a Super Retina screen that measures 5.8 inches. It displays images in high-definition and is resistant to scratching. Like every other iPhone, it has no slot for an SD card, so you will have to make do with the 64GB internal memory.
The iPhone X is mainly known for its cameras that allow you to take high-definition photos during the day and at night. The only downside of this device is that the battery runs out quickly. However, this is due to the high processing speed and power.
Perks Of Assist Wireless
Aside from receiving an Assist Wireless EBT phone, many other perks come with being an Assist Wireless member. They include:
- Assist Wireless has some of the cheapest refill prices, costing less than $15 for 1GB of data.
- They have good network coverage since they use T-Mobile network infrastructure.
- Their customer service is impeccable. They always respond quickly when you contact them to help you solve your problem.
- Assist Wireless has many enticing deals that it offers its customers from time to time. This enables customers to save on the total cost of phone services.
Assist Wireless is constantly coming up with deals and offers to help people from low-income backgrounds to access affordable phones and phone services. You can even apply for a free phone from them if you reside in any of the states they operate in. If you don’t qualify for one, you can purchase any of the compatible devices with their network and enjoy their plans.
- How to Get Tracfone Wireless Free Government Phone
- How To Get a Newphone Wireless Free iPhone
- How To Get A Standup Wireless Free Phone