From its humble beginnings in 1999, Cricket Wireless has since grown its subscriber base to more than 10 million users. The AT&T-owned wireless network provider is perfect for individuals looking for basic flip phones, advanced Android phones, and the iPhone.
It attracts a mix of subscribers from all walks of life with its affordable no-contract prepaid plans, no hidden fees, zero hidden charges, and a reliable nationwide network. Besides, the company frequently offers attractive promotional deals and phone discounts, excellent customer service, fast shipping, and the bring-your-own-phone offer.
Most new subscribers on the Cricket Wireless network migrate from other network carriers. So, they tend to bring their phones, especially if they cannot find a compatible device in Cricket Wireless’s inventory.
It can be challenging to know which phone’s acceptable on the network. Luckily, we have combined a comprehensive Cricket Wireless compatible phones list to guide you. That’s exactly what this article is about.
- Does Any Phone Work on the Cricket Wireless Network
- How to Check Your Phone for Compatibility with Cricket Wireless
- Best Cricket Wireless Compatible Phones
- 1. Apple iPhone 13 Series
- 2. Samsung Galaxy A53 5G
- 3. Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
- 4. Apple iPhone SE (2022)
- 5. Motorola Moto G Stylus 5G
- 6. Samsung Galaxy A32 5G
- 7. Motorola Moto G Power (2022)
- 8. Samsung Galaxy A13
- Cricket Wireless Compatible Phones – Android
- Cricket Wireless Compatible Phones – iPhone
- Cricket Wireless Compatible Phones – Flip Phones
- Cricket Wireless Plans and Costs
- Network Coverage
- Selection of Phones
- Customer Service
- Additional Features
Does Any Phone Work on the Cricket Wireless Network
Not all phones work on the Cricket Wireless network because of being locked to other networks. However, if you have an unlocked phone, you should have no trouble using it on the Cricket Wireless network. You need to unlock them before they become compatible with Cricket Wireless for locked phones.
How to Check Your Phone for Compatibility with Cricket Wireless
Cricket Wireless provides a simple process for checking the compatibility of phones on the network. You don’t need to be a tech nerd to follow through with the steps in this process. Importantly, you should ensure your phone is unlocked before checking if it is a Cricket Wireless phone. If not, you can unlock the phone first.
Here’s how to check if you have a Cricket Wireless compatible phone:
- Step 1: In the address bar of any browser, type www.cricketwireless.com and press Enter.
- Step 2: Once the website opens, go to the main menu, click Shop, and bring your own phone. Or type www.cricketwireless.com/cell-phones/bring-your-phone and press Enter.
- Step 3: Select Check Your Device’s Compatibility.
- Step 4: Type your phone’s IMEI. While most phones have the IMEI printed under the battery, you may have to dial *#06# to see your phone’s registration number. Alternatively, you can get the IMEI by going to the phone’s settings
- Step 5: Click Check. The system should display information on your phone’s compatibility with Cricket Wireless.
Best Cricket Wireless Compatible Phones
Before bringing your device with you, you need to be sure that it’s a Cricket Wireless compatible phone. Here are some of the best Cricket Wireless compatible phones on the market and in the hands of users today:
1. Apple iPhone 13 Series
The Apple iPhone 13 Series is one of the latest Cricket Wireless compatible phones. It includes four phone models, including the affordable iPhone 13 Mini, and has a slightly larger battery. The iPhone 13 and 13 Pro have 6.1-inch displays.
If you want a larger 6.7-inch screen, you should go for the iPhone 13 Pro Max. for vivid photos, you may wish to use the telephoto lens on the iPhone 13 Pro and the Pro Max. even though having a 12MP camera, the iPhone 13 Mini is much better than its predecessor.
The A15 Bionic chip that makes the iPhone 13 is 5G-ready. In addition, all four iPhone 13 models have iOS 15 and have 128GB as the base storage.
2. Samsung Galaxy A53 5G
Even though priced lower than other Samsung Galaxy phones, the A53 5G is one of the best Cricket Wireless compatible phones. In addition, it features a Gorilla Glass 5 durability, which is better than previous Samsung Galaxy phones.
This phone’s most impressive features are the IP67 waterproof and dust-proof rating and the in-display fingerprint reader. In addition, it features the Exynos 1280 chip, 8GB RAM, and 256 internal storage. The A53 5G has a 5,000mAh battery, 64MP back camera, and 32MP selfie shooter. Besides, there’s a 5MP macro camera and a 12MP ultra-wide lens.
3. Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
Most online reviews hail Samsung Galaxy S21 FE as the best Android Cricket Wireless compatible phone. It comes with a seamless 120Hz display, 4,500 mAh battery, 25W fast battery charging, and IP68 safety rating.
It features the Snapdragon 888 processor, 8GB LPDDR5 RAM, 128GB or 256GB storage with no option for expansion, three rear cameras, and a 32MP selfie camera. In addition, the phone has a Gorilla Glass Victus, which resists pressure to break.
4. Apple iPhone SE (2022)
In 2022, Apple brought back the iPhone Special Edition (SE), one of the most acceptable Cricket Wireless compatible phones. Even though it features the iPhone’s A15 Bionic processor, it’s cheaper than the iPhone 13.
It comes with a smaller 4.7-inch screen which can be disappointing compared to the iPhone 13. For its small screen, the iPhone SE compensates with substantial bezels. In addition, it features the classic home button and has a smaller 1,821 mAh battery.
5. Motorola Moto G Stylus 5G
Did you know that the Motorola Moto G Stylus is a Cricket Wireless compatible phone? It is 5G-ready and features a built-in stylus pen, making it one of the few phone models with a stylus. In addition, you’ll love the phone’s eye-catching green finish.
The phone comes with a 6.8-inch screen with a glass display. You can either opt for 4GB or 6GB RAM and 256GB storage, a Snapdragon 480 SoC processor, a 5,000 mAh battery, and 10W fast charging.
6. Samsung Galaxy A32 5G
The Samsung Galaxy A32 is an affordable 5G phone and works well on the Cricket wireless network. Compared to the Galaxy A52, with a 5,000 mAh battery and a 48MP primary camera, it features a scaled-down display. For a 5G phone, the Galaxy A32 is very affordable at sub $300.
7. Motorola Moto G Power (2022)
The Moto G Power should come to mind if you’re looking for a Cricket Wireless compatible phone with long battery life. The 5,000mAh can go for days without recharging, even on the 5G network. It also features a 6.5-inch display, 50MP primary camera, 4GB RAM, and 128GB storage. Unfortunately, the Moto G Power comes with a Mediatek Helio G37 and can only get one OS update to Android 12.
8. Samsung Galaxy A13
The Samsung Galaxy A13 is one of the most affordable phones on the Cricket Wireless compatible phones list. It is a 5G phone that compromises the cameras on offer while offering a 6.5-inch HD+ display and a 5,000 mAh battery.
It has 4GB RAM, 64GB storage, and a MicroSD slot for expansion. The phone starts with Android 11 with the option to update to newer OS versions. It has a powerful 50MP main camera for vivid photos and cameras.
Cricket Wireless Compatible Phones List
Before bringing your current device to the Cricket Wireless Network, it’s critical to know its compatibility status. The following is a list of the Cricket Wireless compatible phones for your perusal:
Cricket Wireless Compatible Phones – Android
- Alcatel A2X model A508DL
- Alcatel T1 lite T770B 1
- Alcatel T1 Pro T799B
- Alcatel TCL A3 A509DL
- Alcatel TCL A3X A600DL
- Alcatel TCL 10 Pro T799B
- Alcatel TCL 20SE T773O
- Alcatel T766S
- Asustek ROG Phone 3 ASUS I003D
- ASUS 1005DA
- ASUS 1005DC
- ASUS 1005D
- Essential PH-1
- Google Pixel 4
- Google Pixel 4A
- Google Pixel 4XL
- Google Pixel 4a 5G (G205e)
- LG G8 ThinQ
- LG G8X ThinQ LM-G850QM
- LG Journey L322DL
- LG K30 LM-X320QMG
- LG K31 LM-K300QM
- LG K40 LM-X420QN
- LG K51 LM500QM
- LG Premier Pro LML413DL
- LG Premier Pro LML414DL
- LG Premier Pro-Plus L455DL
- LG Q70 LM-Q620M
- LG Rebel 4 LML211BL
- LG Reflect L555DL
- LG Solo L423DL
- LG Stylo LML713DL
- LG Stylo 4 LM-Q710ULM
- LG Stylo 5 L722DL
- LG Stylo 5 LM-Q720QM
- LG Stylo 6 LM-Q730QM
- Microsoft Duo 1930
- Motorola Edge XT2063-2
- Motorola Moto E XT2052-1
- Motorola Moto E5 Play X T2005-5
- Motorola Moto G 5G XT2113-3
- Motorola Moto G Fast XT2045-3
- Motorola Moto G Play XT2093DL
- Motorola Moto G Play XT2093-4
- Motorola Moto G Power XT2041-4
- Motorola Moto G Power XT2117-2
- Motorola Moto G Power XT2117-4
- Motorola Moto G Pro XT2043-8
- Motorola Moto G Stylus XT2043-4
- Motorola Moto G Stylus XT2075-5
- Motorola Moto G Stylus XT2115-1
- Motorola moto G 5G XT2113-2
- Motorola Moto G7 XT1962-1
- Motorola Moto G7 Play XT1952-4
- Motorola Moto G7 Power XT1955-5
- Motorola Moto G9 Play XT2083-1
- Motorola Moto G9 Power XT2091-4
- Motorola Moto Z4 XT1980-3
- Motorola One Action XT2013-4
- Motorola Razr XT2071-3
- OnePlus 6t A6013
- OnePlus 7 Pro GM1917
- OnePlus 7t HD1905
- OnePlus 8 IN2015
- OnePlus 8 Pro IN2025
- OnePlus 8t KB2005
- OnePlus 9 Pro 5G LE2125
- OnePlus 9 Pro 5G LE2115
- OnePlus Nord N100 BE2011
- OnePlus Nord N10 BE2026
- Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G SM-G986U1
- Samsung Galaxy S20 5G SM-G986U1
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G SM-G988U1
- Samsung Galaxy Note20 SM-G981U1
- Samsung Galaxy Note20+ SM-G986U1
- Samsung Galaxy S21 5G SM-G991U1
- Samsung Galaxy S21+ 5G SM-G996U1
- Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G SM-G998U1
- Samsung Galaxy A51 5G SM-G516U1
- Samsung Galaxy GS10 SM-G973U
- Samsung Galaxy GS9 SM-G960U
- Samsung Galaxy GS8 SM-950U
- Samsung Galaxy GS7 SM-G930A
- Samsung Galaxy GS20FE SM-G781U1
- Samsung Galaxy A71 SM-A716U1
- Samsung Galaxy ZFold 5G SM-F916U1
- Samsung Galaxy A42 5G SE SM-A426U1
- Samsung Galaxy A02s SM-A025U1/DS
- Samsung Galaxy A12 SE SM-A125U1/DS
- Samsung Galaxy A32 5G SE SM-A326U1/DS
- Samsung GalaxyA42 5G SE SM-A426U1/DS
- Samsung Galaxy A52 5G SM-A526U1
- Samsung Xcover Pro SM-A515U1
- Sony Xperia 1 II XQ-AT51
- Sony Xperia 5II XQ-AS62
- Teracube 2E TR20072EQ
- ZTE Avid 579 Z5156CC
- ZTE ZMax 10 Z6250CC
Cricket Wireless Compatible Phones – iPhone
- iPhone 6 and later
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 Mini
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
Cricket Wireless Compatible Phones – Flip Phones
- Alcatel A2 A406DL
- Alcatel My Flip 2 A406DL
- LG CLASSIC Flip L125DL
- Nokia 6300 4G
- Punkt MP02
Cricket Wireless Compatible Network Carriers
You can migrate to Cricket Wireless from the other GSM network carriers in the U.S. The following are some of the Cricket Wireless compatible network carriers:
- AT&T: AT&T owns Cricket Wireless, and because of that relationship, the two networks are 100% compatible. So, you can comfortably switch from AT&T with your device and keep your phone number.
- Mint Mobile: An unlocked Mint Mobile phone works comfortably on the Cricket Wireless network. That’s because Mint Mobile is an MVNO that operates on a GSM network.
- T-Mobile: It is possible to migrate from T-Mobile to Cricket Wireless since both are GSM networks. Subscribers can move from T-Mobile to Cricket Wireless under the BYOP program and keep their phone numbers.
DIY Cricket Wireless Phone Activation
If you’re not bringing your device from another network, you should purchase a Cricket Wireless phone in-store or online. If you are buying online, you have to activate the phone yourself by taking the following steps:
- Step 1: Turn off the phone that requires activation.
- Step 2: Open the SIM card slot and insert your new Cricket Wireless SIM card.
- Step 3: Switch the phone on.
- Step 4: Open a Browser and enter www.cricketwireless.com/activate.
- Step 5: Once the page opens, choose your phone type – Android or iPhone.
- Step 6: Select the same outlet you bought the phone – Cricket or another retailer.
- Step 7: Select whether you’re a new or existing customer.
- Step 8: If a new customer, fill in the order number Cricket sends to your phone or email. You can then log in using your username and password.
- Step 9: Click Activate if you’re a new customer to complete the process.
How to Replace a Cricket Wireless Phone
You can replace your Cricket Wireless phone if you sign up for Cricket Protection, an insurance policy to pay an $8 monthly premium. If your phone malfunctions, the liquid is damaged or lost, you can get a quick replacement. The program lets you get a new or refurbished device of the same brand, model, color, and additional features in a 12-month replacement warranty.
Things to Know Before Signing Up for Cricket Wireless
Looking to sign up for Cricket Wireless? Even though it is a good network, you shouldn’t sign up for their services blindly and without interrogation. Evaluate Cricket Wireless using the following aspects before signing up:
Cricket Wireless Plans and Costs
Regardless of not being the cheapest mobile carrier in the U.S., Cricket Wireless has some of the best plans. They have contract-free plans that do not require a credit check. Examples of Cricket Wireless plans include $30/month/line with 2GB data, $40/month/device for 10GB data, $55/month/phone with unlimited data, and $60/month/phone for unlimited data and 15GB hotspot data.
Cricket Wireless operates on the AT&T network, which is available in most parts of the U.S. Several states and locations might not have the AT&T network, so it helps research and finds out if your area is covered.
Selection of Phones
New Cricket Wireless clients can bring phones from their previous networks. However, if they want new devices, they can purchase one in-store or online. You can check out the phones on offer from Cricket Wireless and pick one that meets your needs. Luckily, the site has diverse phones ranging from less costly to more expensive handsets. Therefore, you should be able to get one that works for you.
Cricket Wireless is one of the network carriers with the best customer service. Customers can get help whenever they need it. They allow customers to contact them through live chat or phone calls on 1-800-274-2538 Monday to Saturday from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm ET. On Sundays, you can talk to the team between 10:00 am and 9:00 pm.
Cricket Wireless packs other attractive elements, including providing the 5G network for high-speed internet, apart from the prominent features. In addition, the network carrier also provides a mobile hotspot service and allows subscribers to make international calls.
The Bottom Line
With the Cricket Wireless Compatible phones list, you can know if your device works on the network. It can be easier to migrate from your current network with your current handset. Besides, Cricket Wireless sells relatively affordable phones, which should be appealing to anyone on a budget. Once you migrate to the Wireless, you can utilize the AT&T network with comprehensive national coverage.