Cricket Wireless is among the many Service Providers who offer telecommunication services to consumers all over the country. But did you know that you could switch to Cricket and get a free phone? Cricket wireless provides a free cell phone for customers to encourage them to join their network.
Besides the free phone, you will also enjoy a variety of affordable mobile phone plans once you subscribe to their service. Why Cricket? They have one of the best network coverage thanks to their acquisition by the giant telecommunication company AT&T Mobile back in 2014.
The best part is that Cricket is continuously bettering its deals and services, so at no point will you regret joining them. Keep reading this article if you want to know how you can switch to Cricket and get a free phone, the perks of joining them, and the phones they offer.
What You’ll Need Before You Switch to Cricket Wireless
You need to have some crucial information before you switch to Cricket and get a free phone. These include:
- Some personal data such as your name, final four digits of your social security number, physical address, and birth date.
- All information about your wireless accounts includes the account number, ZIP code, and pin.
- The IMEI number of the phone you currently own.
It is important that you don’t unsubscribe from your current wireless service provider for Cricket Wireless to complete the switch successfully.
How You Can Switch to Cricket Wireless and Get a Free Phone
If you have gathered all your essential information, the next thing you should do is start the switching procedure. This procedure would differ slightly if you did not obtain your phone from Cricket Wireless. All in all, the whole process is quite straightforward.
1. Pick the Phone You Prefer
If you go to the Cricket Wireless deals page, you can find a variety of phones to choose from. Some deals offer the phones at discounted prices, while others offer them free. After settling for one, add it to your cart and do as instructed to complete your order.
For customers who came with their device, you can go to the Cricket Wireless website to know how to unlock it and if it is compatible with the Cricket Wireless network.
2. Choose a Plan from Cricket Wireless
One of the crucial steps, get a free phone when you switch to cricket is choosing a plan. Why is it important? Because you can review all the Cricket Wireless plans on offer and choose the one you can comfortably afford. There are three Cricket plans:
- The Limited Cricket Wireless plan goes from as low as $25 to $40 every month. This plan gives you unlimited texts and calls plus up to 5GB of data that you can use to stream.
- An unlimited Cricket Wireless plan will cost you anywhere between $55 and $60 every month. In this plan, you will also benefit from unlimited texts and calls. In addition, your data will not have a cap.
- For the latest one, you have the Cricket Hotspot plan. Here, you can pay $25 monthly for a 3GB data package, $35 monthly for a 10GB data package, or $75 monthly for a 30GB data package.
3. Retain Your Number or Pick a New One
When getting a free cell phone from Cricket Wireless, you will always be asked if you want to retain your previous number or go for a new one.
For new customers, you will be requested to provide details including your current number, ZIP code, account number at your previous service provider, and PIN to facilitate the transfer to Cricket.
4. Activation of Your Cricket Wireless Service
After completing the steps above, Cricket will begin the transfer procedure from your previous Service provider. You will then be required to activate your phone to enjoy all the Cricket Wireless benefits.
How do You Activate Cricket Wireless Phone after You Switch
When you switch to Cricket and get a new phone, the SIM card is also issued simultaneously. You can use it to activate your device using the steps below:
- Step 1: The first thing you need to do is go to the Cricket Wireless website and choose the get started option.
- Step 2: Pick the phone model you have gotten from the list of devices outlined.
- Step 3: Switch off your phone and place your Cricket SIM card into the phone’s SIM slot. After that, you can switch on your phone and click ‘I’m ready on the site mentioned above.
- Step 4: Choose where you bought your device. In this case, you got it from Cricket, so pick that option and proceed.
- Step 5: Choose an answer to the next query, ‘Are you a new customer, or do you already have Cricket service.’ Pick the appropriate answer and move to the next step.
- Step 6: Input your details in the spaces provided. These may include the new Cricket phone number and order number. You can only proceed after submitting these details.
The whole process should be complete. All that will remain is for you to confirm if the activation was successful. You can do this by calling or texting using your new phone. If it works, then you’re good to go.
Anyone who cannot activate their phone successfully can contact the Cricket support team through their website or number 1-800-CRICKET (274-2538).
Hopefully, this article has given you the step-by-step process of how you can switch to Cricket and get a free phone. If you thought their partnership with AT&T would make things more expensive, that is not the case. On the contrary, Cricket has subsidized many of its plans while offering astounding deals to its consumers. Don’t be left behind; make the switch today.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
It depends on whether you’re doing the process yourself or using the help of Cricket customer service. If you’re doing it yourself using the steps mentioned in this article, you will not spend a dime. However, using a Cricket customer representative will set you back $25.
Yes, you can. As long as the service provider has a ‘bring your own phone’ policy and you have unlocked the phone. It also has to be compatible with the network of the said provider.