Cricket Wireless is one of the largest network carriers in the United States, providing a wide variety of services to subscribers across the country. It has been operating since 1999 and has vast experience offering standout services.
The company offers excellent services, including comprehensive network coverage, free phones, and affordable plans. If you’re looking for a network carrier with the most responsive customer service, try Cricket Wireless.
- Does Cricket Wireless Participate in the Affordable Connectivity Program
- Cricket Wireless Free Month of Service Plans
- How Do You Qualify for Cricket Wireless Free Month of Service
- Documents to Apply for the Cricket Wireless Free Month of Service
- How to Apply for the Cricket Wireless Free Month of Service
- The Bottom Line
- Related Articles
- People Also Ask
Does Cricket Wireless Participate in the Affordable Connectivity Program
Cricket Wireless participates in the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) for additional monthly discounts to eligible users. After joining the Cricket Wireless ACP program, you’ll get a $30 monthly discount on your broadband service.
You may pick any Cricket Wireless data plans for which the ACP discount is applicable. With that, you can enjoy Cricket Wireless broadband services free of charge.
But getting the ACP discount requires you to have specific eligibility criteria. First, you must be from a low-income family or participate in a Federal Assistance program. Besides the ACP discount, you can take advantage of the Cricket Wireless free month of service.
Cricket Wireless Free Month of Service Plans
Those eligible for the Cricket Wireless ACP program can get a $30 monthly discount on their internet bill. You’ll get free service if your Cricket Wireless plan is $30 or below.
For people living in Tribal Lands, there are several Cricket Wireless free plans besides the $30 plan. The Tribal Lands ACP discount is $75, much more than you would get from the $30 introductory discount.
You can have only one ACP plan per household. The following are the Cricket Wireless free month of service plans:
1. $30 Per Month Plan
You need the $30 ACP discount to enjoy a free month of service from Cricket Wireless. That’s because the discount covers the entire cost of the service plan
For example, the most basic Cricket Wireless ACP plan has a $30 price tag. So, with the $30 ACP discount, you’ll enjoy free broadband services monthly. Benefits of the plan include 5GB of high-speed data and unlimited talk, text, and picture messages.
But since you’re part of the Cricket Wireless network, you’ll have access to Wi-Fi hotspots, a nationwide network, and HD voice calls.
2. $40 Per Month Plan
The $40 per month plan is a little more expensive, and the $30 discount won’t cover is entire cost. In that case, you would have to pay $10. However, with the $75 Tribal Lands discount, you can fully cover the cost.
With this plan, you’ll get up to 10GB of high-speed data and unlimited talk, texts, and picture messages. Due to the strength of the network, you can also make HD voice calls. Cricket Wireless has Wi-Fi hotspots across the U.S. for its customers.
3. $55 Per Month Plan
The $55 per month is free for those qualifying for an ACP discount on Tribal Lands. However, the $30 discount would mean paying the $25 balance.
This particular plan’s benefits include unlimited high-speed internet, text, talk, and picture messages. Due to the quality of the internet connection, you can stream HD-quality videos.
4. $60 Per Month Plan
The most expensive Cricket Wireless internet plan is that for which you should pay $60 per month. Since it is below $75, the Tribal ACP discount is enough to cover it and give you free monthly internet.
With this plan, you’ll enjoy unlimited high-speed data, talk, tests, and picture messages. You get 15GB of hotspot data, HD voice, Wi-Fi calling, and 150GB of cloud storage.
How Do You Qualify for Cricket Wireless Free Month of Service
Since the Cricket Wireless free month of service comes courtesy of the ACP, you must meet the eligibility criteria. The following are the ways to qualify for the free service:
1. Income Below Poverty Guidelines
Are you from a low-income household? You can get an ACP broadband discount if your family income is under 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
In the U.S., poverty guidelines vary based on the state government. The following are the ACP income thresholds for different states in America:
2022 Federal Poverty Guidelines and ACP Income Thresholds for 48 States and the District of Columbia
|No. of persons in a family or household||2022 Federal Poverty Guidelines||ACP income thresholds (200% of poverty guideline)|
|Each additional household member||$4,720||$9,440|
If you live in 48 states or the District of Columbia, you’ll need a $27,180 income, which is 200% of $13,390. Each time you add a family member, the income threshold rises by $9,440. So, you would need an income of $36,620 if you’re in a two-member household.
2022 Federal Poverty Guidelines and ACP Income Thresholds for Alaska
|No. of persons in a family or household||2022 Federal poverty guideline||ACP Income thresholds (200% of poverty guideline)|
|Each additional household member||$5,900||$11,800|
In 2022, the poverty guidelines in Alaska are slightly higher than those in other states. If you live alone, you need an income of up to $33,980 to qualify for the ACP discount. You need up to $45,780 annually in a household with two members.
2022 Federal Poverty Guidelines and ACP Income Threshold for Hawaii
|No. of persons in a family or household||Poverty guideline||ACP Income Limit (200% of poverty guideline)|
|Each additional household member||$5,430||$10,860|
Hawaii also has different applicable poverty guidelines. If you live alone, you would need a $31,260 income. If it’s just you and your household, you would need to earn $42,120 annually. That means the income threshold increases by $10,860 with every new family member.
2. Participation in Federal Assistance Programs
Participation in a Federal Assistance program is one of the ways to qualify for an ACP discount. The following are some of the most popular federal assistance programs:
- Medicaid: This federal assistance program makes it possible for eligible individuals to get free or subsidized healthy foods. You can enjoy the Cricket Wireless free month of service if you receive Medicaid.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI): Low-income individuals, senior citizens, the disabled, and the blind benefit from this program. It is another way to get an ACP discount.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP): This program was formerly called food stamps. It is one of the best ways to provide affordable food to low-income families.
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance Program: Low-income families on Tribal Lands get housing, food, clothing, and financial assistance. Of course, you’ll also get free internet services from Cricket Wireless.
- Pell Grant: The Federal Pell Grant is a program targeting undergraduate students with financial assistance. It is one of the pathways through which you can get an ACP discount.
- Living with Disability: People with disabilities automatically qualify for a free month of service from Cricket Wireless. In that case, you also get the opportunity to qualify for a Cricket Wireless free month of service.
Besides the Federal Assistance programs stated above, you can also qualify for the ACP discount if you participate in the following:
- Tribal Head Start
- Food Distribution on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
- Veterans Survivor Pension Fund
- Tribally Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF)
- National School Lunch Programs
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
Documents to Apply for the Cricket Wireless Free Month of Service
It is not enough for you to state that you qualify for the Cricket Wireless free month of service. You must provide certain documents when making your application via the FCC page. You need personal and eligibility documents.
The following are some of the document categories to attach to your ACP application:
1. Documents Proving Your Income
Given that you need a 200% income to participate in the ACP, you must provide documents proving it. Ideally, you need an official document with your full name and annual income. Here are examples of proof-of-income documents:
- Your employer’s current income statement
- Your social security statement of benefits
- Paycheck stubs
- Veterans Administration statement of benefits
- The previous year’s tax returns
- A statement of Benefits for Veterans Administration
- Unemployment Worker’s Compensation statement of benefit
- A divorce decree
- Pension/retirement statement of benefit
- Child support award
2. Documents Proving Participation in Federal Assistance
If you participate in a federal assistance program, you must provide documents to show that you do. Be sure to choose an official document with your legal name, the assistance program, the federal, state, or tribal entity issuing it, and the date of issue in the last 12 months or expectation to expire in the future.
Here are some of the eligible documents you can use to prove Federal Assistance:
- Benefit reward letter
- Statement of benefits
- An approval letter
- Benefit verification letter
3. Age Verification and Identity Documents
You must submit documents to verify your verification and identity to get approved for the Cricket Wireless free month of service. A good document should show your date of birth and full legal name.
You may present any of the following documents together with your application:
- A valid Tribal, state, military, or government ID
- Certificate of Naturalization or U.S. Citizenship
- A passport
- S. driver’s license
- Birth certificate
- Document of government assistance program
- Individual Taxpayers Identification Number (ITIN) document
- Certificate of naturalization
- Green Card or Permanent Resident Card
4. Documents Proving Your Address
Another thing you must do to get free monthly services from Cricket Wireless is to prove your address. It’s there that the network carrier will send correspondence, such as billing information. So, prepare the following documents before applying:
- A driver’s license
- A current utility bill
- A valid Tribal, state, or government document
- Most recent tax return or W-2
- Lease or mortgage statement
The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) allows only people who are 18 years old to get an ACP program. However, it also allows emancipated minors to hand in their application. In that case, a certificate of emancipation or court document is necessary.
How to Apply for the Cricket Wireless Free Month of Service
You can apply for free monthly services from Cricket Wireless by going straight to the National Verifier. This is a service by the Universal Services Administration Company (USAC), which manages Lifeline Assistance and the ACP.
Here is the procedure to hand in your application for free services from Cricket Wireless:
- Step 1: Go to affordableconnectivity.gov, the ACP official page and click Apply Now.
- Step 2: That should redirect you to the National Verifier page
- Step 3: Fill out the application form by providing personal information like name, date of birth, social security number, and address.
- Step 4: Submit the form after attaching the necessary identity, address, and eligibility documents.
- Step 5: Hold on as the National Verifier scrutinizes your application to determine your eligibility. If you get approved, you’ll get an email notification.
- Step 6: Go to the Cricket Wireless ACP enrollment page
- Step 7: Apply for a Cricket Wireless ACP discount. Wait for approval.
- Step 8: If you get approved, Cricket Wireless applies the ACP monthly benefit to your internet services starting the following month. With that, you can enjoy the Cricket Wireless free month of service.
The Bottom Line
With the Cricket Wireless free month of service, you do not have to pay anything to access internet services. The network carrier applies the $30 (or $75 for Tribal Lands) ACP network to your monthly broadband deal, helping you pay zero fees.
The ACP discount is only available to those qualifying for it. As part of the eligibility criteria, your income should be below 200% of poverty guidelines. Besides, you must participate in a Federal Assistance program.