Phones are one of the essential assets to own in this modern era. This is because they help us to stay connected with friends and family. They also help us be updated on the latest news and opportunities.
However, owning and maintaining phones is still very costly for most households. Luckily, Terracom Wireless offers Lifeline services to people who are financially constrained. Besides Lifeline phone services such as unlimited texts, minutes, and data, you can also get a Terracom Wireless free government phone.
Terracom Wireless can offer free government phones and plans to eligible customers thanks to its participation in the Federal Government’s Lifeline Program. This article will detail how you can get the Terracom Wireless free government phone, and some of the plans Terracom Wireless offers Lifeline customers. Please continue reading.
- How Can You Get a Terracom Wireless Free Government Phone
- Which States Does Terracom Wireless Offer Free Government Phones
- Plans Offered by Terracom Wireless
- How to Activate Your Terracom Wireless Free Government Phone
- How to Apply for a Terracom Wireless Free Government Phone`
- Which Phones are Compatible with Terracom Wireless
- Terracom Wireless Warranty Policy
- What Can You do if Your Terracom Wireless Free Government Phone Gets Stolen, Broken, Damaged, or Lost
- Terracom Wireless Lifeline Program Renewal Period
- How to Contact Terracom Wireless Free Government Phone
- People Also Ask
How Can You Get a Terracom Wireless Free Government Phone
As mentioned above, the only way you can get a Terracom Wireless free government phone is by enrolling in the Lifeline program offered by the Federal Government. What is the Lifeline program? This is a program that the Federal Communication Commission designed to help provide telecommunication assistance to people who don’t have the financial capacity to purchase one.
The Lifeline program has eligibility criteria that applicants must satisfy before getting a free government phone from Terracom Wireless. They include:
- Every household has to have earnings that do not exceed 135% of the Poverty Guidelines set by the Federal Government. These guidelines are universally applied across all states, although they vary annually. You should always check them out before applying for a free phone.
- Every applicant should be enrolled in at least one of the following government-aided or tribal programs:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program/SNAP
- Federal Public Housing Assistance/FPHA
- Supplemental Security Income/SSI
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefits Programs
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations/FDPIR
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribally-Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
- Head Start
Every Lifeline assistance company is mandated by the Federal Communication Commission to ask for information and documents from customers so that they can verify their eligibility. The National Verifier always undertakes the authentication process.
The information that you should have prior includes:
- Your full legal name
- Your address
- Your birth date
- Your Social Security Number’s final four digits
The documents that help to authenticate your eligibility include:
- Identity verification documents include military ID, birth certificate, passport, and state-issued ID.
- Income verification documents, including pay stubs from your current place of employment, divorce decrees, and child support papers.
- Government-aided program participation verification documents such as a SNAP award letter, FPHA statement of benefits, and Medicaid card.
Only copies of the documents are required, so you should not attach or send your originals for safety purposes.
Which States Does Terracom Wireless Offer Free Government Phones
Terracom is currently expanding its services to reach a far broader customer base. Still, for now, they are only available in some states, including Nebraska, Wisconsin, Rhode Island, Oklahoma, Minnesota, Nevada, Louisiana, Kansas, Iowa, Indiana, Texas, Maine, Pennsylvania, Arkansas, Colorado, Washington, Missouri, Arizona, West Virginia, and Illinois.
Plans Offered by Terracom Wireless
The Terracom Wireless Lifeline plans vary with the state. Generally, eligible customers can pick a broadband base or voice plan. You will not have to pay any fee for any of the plans that are going to be mentioned below as they are entirely free. However, they have one non-lifeline plan you can purchase if you choose.
Terracom Lifeline Plans for Oklahoma & Washington Residents
- The Tribal Voice Base Plan: If you reside in Tribal lands within these states, you will be eligible for 10,000 voice minutes and unlimited texts monthly. Unfortunately, any minutes you fail to use will not roll over to the next month.
- Tribal Broadband Base Plan: Residents of Oklahoma and Washington who live in tribal lands will get 10,000 voice minutes for local calling, unlimited texts, and 4.5GB of data every month. The minutes that you fail to use will not roll over to the next month
- The Non-Tribal Voice Base Plan: Comes with unlimited text and 1000 minutes every month.
- Non-Tribal Broadband Base Plan: Comes with unlimited texts, 500 minutes, and 4.5GB of data every month.
Terracom Lifeline Plans for Kansas
- Kansas Voice Base Plan: It consists of unlimited texts, and 1840 minutes every month, which do not tip over to the next month.
- Kansas Broadband Base Plan: It consists of unlimited texts, 920 minutes, and 4.5GB of data every month. The minutes do not tip over to the next month.
Terracom Lifeline Plans for Nebraska
- Nebraska Voice Base Plan: It offers free unlimited texts and 1350 minutes, which do not tip over once the month ends.
- Nebraska Broadband Base Plan: It offers unlimited texts, 690 minutes, and 4.5GB of monthly data. You need to have a data-capable device to use this plan.
Terracom Lifeline Plans for All Other Remaining States
- The Voice Base Plan: It consists of unlimited texts and 1000 minutes, which do not tip over to the next month.
- Broadband Base Plan: It offers unlimited texts, 4.5 GB of data, and 500 minutes every month. You can only access this plan if you have a data-capable device.
Terracom Wireless Non-Lifeline Plan
- The Unlimited Data Non-Lifeline Plan: This plan will offer you monthly unlimited data at an all-inclusive cost of $39.99.
- The Unlimited Talk and Text Non-Lifeline Plan: This plan gives you monthly unlimited voice minutes at an all-inclusive cost of $39.99. No minutes will tip over to the next month if you fail to exhaust them.
All Terracom Wireless plans enable you to enjoy the following calling features:
- Call waiting
- Caller ID
- Three-way calling
- Call forwarding
How to Activate Your Terracom Wireless Free Government Phone
Activating a Terracom Wireless free government phone is a straightforward process. Call using your phone, and you will be given a guide on activating your phone. Contact their customer service representatives at 1-888-716-8880 for help if you get any challenges during this process.
How to Apply for a Terracom Wireless Free Government Phone`
Applying for a Terracom Wireless free government phone is not a difficult task. You can use one of the methods mentioned below to make your application:
- Online: This is also the simplest method on this list. You can easily apply online if you have a suitable device, such as a smartphone, tablet, or laptop. Follow these steps:
- Visit Terracom Wireless official website and press the button labeled “Start Application” on the homepage.
- You will be redirected to a different page where you will be prompted to input your ZIP code.
- Use the instructions provided to complete an application form.
- Through Mail: If you still prefer to do things the old-school way, you can send a filled-out application form to Terracom Wireless headquarters, whose address is: PO Box 13006, Oklahoma City, OK 73113-1006. Alternatively, you can send it to any Terracom local dealers. Ensure that you attach all the required documents.
- In Person: You can also decide to deliver your eligibility documents personally to Terracom Wireless local dealers. This method is also suitable if you want to inquire further about assistance programs that Terracom offers.
Fortunately, Terracom Wireless has stores in multiple locations in the country. You can use the Terracom Wireless store locator to find the one closest to you.
Which Phones are Compatible with Terracom Wireless
Terracom Wireless has a ‘Bring Your Own Phone’ policy that allows you to use your current phone to enjoy its services. The only prerequisite is that you have to check your phone’s compatibility with the Terracom Wireless network.
You can enter their compatibility check page and input your device’s IMEI. If you cannot locate your device’s IMEI, this will help you:
- Android Phones: Launch the Settings application, search for “About” phone, and click “status”.
- iPhones: Open the Settings application, go to “General” and then press “About”.
- Windows Phone: Launch the Settings app, go to “About” and select “more information”.
Terracom Wireless Warranty Policy
Every Terracom Wireless free government phone comes with a one-year warranty. If the device malfunctions within this period, without violating any of the Terracom Wireless terms of usage, you will be eligible for a replacement.
What Can You do if Your Terracom Wireless Free Government Phone Gets Stolen, Broken, Damaged, or Lost
Terracom Wireless will not bear any responsibility if the free phone they sent you gets lost after it has arrived in your mailbox. You have to be ready to pick up the package before it comes. This may take 5-7 days approximately.
They usually allow you to buy a refurbished device as a replacement. This will only cost you only $20. You can also purchase one device from their upgrade options. However, membership in specific unique partnership programs will enable you to get a free replacement phone from Terracom Wireless without paying any fee.
Terracom Wireless Lifeline Program Renewal Period
Like many other service providers, Terracom Wireless requires every lifeline customer to renew their subscription yearly. Specifically, they will contact you a month before your current annual subscription ends. You will be required to provide information and documents similar to the ones you submitted when you joined.
Failure to renew your subscription will result in automatic disconnection. You may also switch service providers at this point if you see it fit.
How to Contact Terracom Wireless Free Government Phone
If you have any further queries regarding the Terracom Wireless Lifeline service, you can direct them to their customer service representatives, who can be reached through any of the following means:
- Phone Number: 1-888-716-8880
- Physical Address: PO Box 13006, Oklahoma City, OK 73113-1006
- Online contact form: Terracom Contact Form
- What time can you get the customer support: from Monday to Friday: 9:00 am-7:00 pm CST.
Hopefully, you know how to get a Terracom Wireless free government phone if you cannot afford a new device. Terracom offers free plans to all eligible customers to use the free government phone.
These plans will enable you to enjoy their reliable network without incurring costs. Send your application today or contact them through any channels this article mentions for more information.
You Might Also Like
- How to Get SafetyNet Wireless Free Phone
- How Do I Get American Assistance Free Phone
- How To Get A Standup Wireless Free Phone