Switching from AT&T to Verizon can be a daunting task, but it’s actually quite straightforward. With a little planning and preparation, you can make the switch quickly and easily. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the entire process, step-by-step, and provide you with all the information you need to know, including how to unlock your phone, choose a Verizon plan, and port your phone number.
How to Switch from AT&T to Verizon
Switching from AT&T to Verizon is a relatively straightforward process, but there are a few things you should keep in mind to ensure a smooth transition. Here is a step-by-step guide:
- Check your eligibility. Before you make the switch, it’s important to check to make sure that you are eligible to transfer your phone number to Verizon. You can do this on Verizon’s website or by calling customer service.
- Unlock your phone. If your phone is locked to AT&T, you will need to unlock it before you can use it on Verizon’s network. You can request an unlock code from AT&T online or by calling customer service.
- Choose a Verizon plan. Verizon offers a variety of wireless plans, so it’s important to choose one that’s right for you. Consider your budget, data needs, and coverage area when making your decision.
- Activate your new Verizon service. Once you’ve chosen a plan, you can activate your new Verizon service online, over the phone, or at a Verizon store.
- Port your phone number. To port your phone number from AT&T to Verizon, you will need to provide your account number and PIN (Personal Identification Number). You can find this information on your AT&T bill or by calling customer service.
Once you have initiated the porting process, your phone number should be transferred to Verizon within 24-48 hours. During this time, you may experience some service interruptions.
Tips for switching from AT&T to Verizon
- Compare plans and pricing. Make sure to compare plans and pricing from different carriers before you make a decision. You can use a comparison website like Wirecutter or CNET to compare plans.
- Read reviews. Read reviews of different Verizon plans and devices to get a sense of what other customers are saying.
- Contact Verizon customer service. If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to contact Verizon customer service. They can help you with the switching process and answer any questions you may have.
How to unlock your AT&T phone
To unlock your phone, you will need to contact your current carrier, AT&T. You can request an unlock code online or by calling customer service.
To request an unlock code online
- Go to the AT&T Unlock Portal.
- Enter your IMEI number. You can find your IMEI number by dialing *#06# on your phone.
- Select “Device Unlock” from the drop-down menu.
- Complete the required information and submit your request.
To request an unlock code by calling customer service
- Call AT&T customer service at 1-800-331-0500.
- Tell the customer service representative that you would like to unlock your phone.
- The representative will ask for your IMEI number and other account information.
- The representative will then provide you with an unlock code.
Once you have received your unlock code, you can unlock your phone by following these steps:
- Insert a SIM card from another carrier into your phone.
- Your phone will prompt you for an unlock code.
- Enter the unlock code and press “Unlock.”
- Your phone is now unlocked and can be used on any carrier’s network.
Note: AT&T may deny your unlock request if your account is not in good standing or if you have not met the requirements for unlocking your phone. For more information, please visit AT&T’s unlocking policy page.
How to activate your new Verizon service
There are two ways to activate your new Verizon service:
- Go to the Verizon website and sign in to your My Verizon account.
- Click Manage all devices.
- Click Activate your own device.
- Select Activate on an existing line.
- Select the existing line and device you want to change and click Next.
- Enter some information about your replacement device, such as the IMEI number.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the activation process.
2. By phone
- Call Verizon customer service at 866-893-7723.
- Tell the representative that you want to activate your new service.
- Provide the representative with your account number and the IMEI number of your new device.
- Follow the representative’s instructions to complete the activation process.
Verizon Phone Plans
|Verizon Phone Plans||Price per line||Data||Talk||Text||Mobile Hotspot|
|Verizon Basic Phone 500 MB||$30||500 MB||Unlimited||Unlimited||None|
|Verizon Start Unlimited||$50||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited||15 GB|
|Verizon Play More Unlimited||$60||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited||30 GB|
|Verizon Do More Unlimited||$80||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited||50 GB|
|Verizon Get More Unlimited||$90||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited||75 GB|
|Verizon Unlimited Plus||$100||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited||100 GB|
Switching from AT&T to Verizon is a relatively straightforward process, but it’s important to follow the steps above to ensure a smooth transition. By planning ahead and gathering the necessary information, you can make the switch quickly and easily.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Is it worth switching from AT&T to Verizon?
Whether or not it is worth switching from AT&T to Verizon depends on your individual needs and preferences. Verizon offers the best overall network coverage in the United States, as well as the fastest 5G speeds. However, Verizon plans can be more expensive than AT&T plans. If you are looking for the best possible network performance and don’t mind paying a premium, then Verizon is the better choice. If you are looking for a more affordable option with good network coverage, then AT&T is a good choice.
Can you turn in a AT&T phone to Verizon?
Yes, you can turn in an AT&T phone to Verizon. Verizon offers a trade-in program that allows you to get a credit towards a new phone when you trade in your old phone. The amount of credit you receive will depend on the model and condition of your old phone.
Can I switch from ATT to Verizon and keep my same number?
Yes, you can switch from AT&T to Verizon and keep your same number. This is called porting your number. To port your number, you will need to contact Verizon and provide them with your account number and PIN from AT&T. Verizon will then contact AT&T and start the porting process. The porting process usually takes a few days to complete.
Will Verizon buy you out of AT&T contract?
Yes, Verizon will buy you out of your AT&T contract. Verizon offers a buyback program that allows you to get reimbursed for early termination fees (ETFs) when you switch to Verizon. The amount of reimbursement you receive will depend on the length of your remaining contract and the cost of your ETF.
What happens if I switch to Verizon from AT&T?
When you switch to Verizon from AT&T, you will need to open a new account with Verizon and choose a new plan. You will also need to port your number from AT&T to Verizon. Once the porting process is complete, you will be able to start using your Verizon service.
Is Verizon cheaper than ATT?
Verizon plans are generally more expensive than AT&T plans. However, Verizon offers more flexible plans with more add-on options. Verizon also offers a buyback program that can help you offset the cost of switching from AT&T.
Is ATT now better than Verizon?
AT&T has improved its network coverage and speeds in recent years, but Verizon still has the best overall network in the United States. Verizon also has a faster 5G network than AT&T. However, AT&T plans are generally more affordable than Verizon plans.
Who is bigger AT&T or Verizon?
AT&T is the larger company overall, with more total subscribers. However, Verizon is the larger wireless carrier, with more wireless subscribers.
Who is the #1 cell phone carrier?
Verizon is generally considered to be the #1 cell phone carrier in the United States. Verizon has the best overall network coverage and speeds, as well as the fastest 5G network. However, Verizon plans can be more expensive than plans from other carriers.
Is Verizon still the best network?
Yes, Verizon still has the best overall network in the United States. Verizon has the best coverage, speeds, and reliability. However, Verizon plans can be more expensive than plans from other carriers.